Thread: Why I am Beginning To Change My Mind About Sub12 Hunting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    LOL. I think that you are on thin ice if you start disagreeing with Darwin's Rottweiler RD when it comes to evolution general consensus our thinking is evolving all the time now veganism is the fastest growing lifestyle in the UK and perhaps the western world, so perhaps hunters should also be evolving and be using more powerful airguns in a effort to be more humane.
    A more powerful air rifle is not necessarily more humane. 12ftlbs in the brain is more humane that 24 ftlbs in the stomach. People have been hunting with 12ftlbs air rifles for decades, very successfully.

I don't agree with you about western thinking evolving. Westerners now no longer even use their brains anymore, social media is taking over our thinking, people prefer to stay inside, watch celebrity love island and be keyboard warriors sprouting complete carp about topics they have no understanding of, instead of going out and understanding the countryside and the environment around us.Just because veganism is a growing trend doesn't mean it's the right one.

Field craft is the most important element in hunting and accepting there is a chance of things might not go to plan no matter what tool is being used, doing everything you can to minimise that and deal with it as swifty as possible if it happens - that's the most humane way of doing things. We are dealing with pests at the end of the day and harvesting meat, free range and often great quality meat.

Go tell the Hadza hunter gatherers in Tanzania or any other traditional tribes on this globe that their bows are no longer considered "humane" anymore by us self righteous westerners and that their successful hunting so far has all been down to luck and they need more power. See what they think of that.
    Last edited by danco1987; 23-06-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377