Thread: Boxed .22 Original Webley Tempest

Boxed .22 Original Webley Tempest

As above, for sale in excellent condition with unworn 'Webley Tempest' lettering on the fore end. It has the earlier narrow trigger blade and is in the later brown card box with styrene insert which is also in excellent condition.
    I'm asking £125 including postage within the UK by RMSD @£11, as it weighs just over 1kg. SOLD
    I'll post pictures later today.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 25-06-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Tempest Photographs:

Box Photographs:
    The two marks on the front of the box are not pellet holes as they don't penetrate through to the inside.

Last edited by Troubledshooter; 16-06-2018 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Additional Photos

Elevate.

I have my two examples and wouldn't part with them.
    I'm surprised this hasn't gone by now. Probably best just sold in the general sales section.

The Tempest is a better pistol to shoot than the Hurricane or Typhoon, as its scale and size is better. Power wise nothing between all three. The Tempest trigger is reasonably close to handgun revolver triggers on powder burners, so making it a good trainer for fullbore. They are very accurate though do tend to shoot to the right but that gets better once shot in. You can easily tune and smooth them up a bit. I'm a massive fan of these pistols as they are less "toy" and more "real gun". .

There was a bit of a glut of them when the last batches were done before they stopped making them ten years back or so. These changed hands at the £125-£135 mark and were a bargain then. Its still a bargain price for such a good little pistol.
    Perfect for plinking good fun.
    Perfect for dispatching rats in the trap.
    Perfect pistol just to own.

Sure there are a good few out there but they are worth the asking price all week long. Buy one and enjoys for years and years. The .22 gives a resounding whollop on target. Do have a good backstop that absorbs the pellet and doesn't have it bounce it back at you (some ply boards will do this).

Have fun, be safe.

I've acquired a few Tempests over the years, but as part of my collection disposal, most of them will have to go, but I will be keeping my .177 Walnut gripped example with the wider trigger I've just fitted, and possibly a .22 as well.
    I have several of the brown boxed variety and a couple of the original polystyrene/card cover boxed examples, including one in a plastic Webley case which was actually meant for the brown boxed Hurricane so has packing each side, all of which will have to go.
    I am surprised at prices realised for second hand original Birmingham Tempests in good condition, when some have paid £200 + for the Turkish model.

Not trying to hijack your sales thread, but this time of year there are a few expenses like holidays and people just working with the good weather.
    I think Tempests are worth your asking price all day long, just might not fly off the shelf as there are a few about. It will go eventually.
    Totally agree people pay higher prices for less good guns. They may be an older mousetrap but they sure work well.

You might have to wait a bit for a buyer to come along, but I don't see the point of selling them short. A good gun is a good gun, and these are good. Thats my opinion.

I’ll take it please!

Sold to the man above, STU.
    PM to follow.