Thread: Top end tuning kit for hw99

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Top end tuning kit for hw99

Are their any top end tuning kit for a hw99 i have a tinbum kit in it at the moment better than standard but still a lot of vibration its in .22 cal and running at 11.6ft\lbs but think it would run better at slightly low power what works for yous i know to a lot of people spending a lot on tuning a cheap gun is a waste of time but I seem to pick it up over my over tx200 and hw80 every time mad i know

The most expensive kit I reckon would be V mach, which I had in an HW99 and to be honest it made it quite harsh.
    The standard spring along side your fitted guides should be pretty good, is there room for a piston liner, perhaps the spring is chattering inside the piston?

Thumbs up

Send Nick (Tinbum) a pm on here - I'm sure you can send the rifle to him to have custom guides and parts made and fitted.

Pound for pound, it's probably the best tune out there at the moment.

All of the above.

Many thanks as always i will get in contact with Tinbum for some custom guides

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Many thanks as always i will get in contact with Tinbum for some custom guides
    I would think that if you have a TBT kit then you will have custom guides already as Nick only uses genuine HW springs if I remember right .

Thats if you got a full kit including a spring from TBT ?

Although a cheaper gun than the TX, the little pocket rocket '99 astounds many with its very refined manners and low recoil in a simpler and lighter break barrel format, and most definitely worth tweaking a little more to improve its manners further still.

As per the above, custom fitted guide & top hat and a piston sleeve are your friends here, combined with a responsible moly re-lube. If not already done, a de-burr and polishing of spring ends will most definitely help.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!