Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top end tuning kit for hw99

Top end tuning kit for hw99

Are their any top end tuning kit for a hw99 i have a tinbum kit in it at the moment better than standard but still a lot of vibration its in .22 cal and running at 11.6ft\lbs but think it would run better at slightly low power what works for yous i know to a lot of people spending a lot on tuning a cheap gun is a waste of time but I seem to pick it up over my over tx200 and hw80 every time mad i know

The most expensive kit I reckon would be V mach, which I had in an HW99 and to be honest it made it quite harsh.
    The standard spring along side your fitted guides should be pretty good, is there room for a piston liner, perhaps the spring is chattering inside the piston?

Thumbs up

Send Nick (Tinbum) a pm on here - I'm sure you can send the rifle to him to have custom guides and parts made and fitted.

Pound for pound, it's probably the best tune out there at the moment.

All of the above.

Many thanks as always i will get in contact with Tinbum for some custom guides

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Many thanks as always i will get in contact with Tinbum for some custom guides
    I would think that if you have a TBT kit then you will have custom guides already as Nick only uses genuine HW springs if I remember right .

Thats if you got a full kit including a spring from TBT ?

Although a cheaper gun than the TX, the little pocket rocket '99 astounds many with its very refined manners and low recoil in a simpler and lighter break barrel format, and most definitely worth tweaking a little more to improve its manners further still.

As per the above, custom fitted guide & top hat and a piston sleeve are your friends here, combined with a responsible moly re-lube. If not already done, a de-burr and polishing of spring ends will most definitely help.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi I agree with Tony L fully the biggest improvement to my Walther LGU, Century & my tx200 is the time spent polishing the spring ends & lubrication.
    All the best Graham.

Airgun,

I have used, and very much like Welsh Willy & Wonky Donky kits in my 0.177" HW99S.

I deliberately fitted a 0.22" Wonky Donky kit into my HW99S - with no power washers, the output was a hair over 10 ft.lb.

For use on paper targets, 10 ft.lb loses nothing compared with 11.5 ft.lb trajectory-wise. Please have a look at the below from Chairgun - a matter of an inch or so at fifty-five (55) yards.

At 10 ft.lb, the cocking force is less, there is less wear & tear on the cocking hinges and shooters arms, and the firing cycle is usually much sweeter.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

0.22" (AA Field)

0.177" (JSB Express)

Yep - detune to 10.5 fpe and if you do not have one and have the space for one fit a piston liner. I would do this before custom guides - it may well be all you need.

My .177 99 shoots great with a konceptus kit and easily does the pellet on the scope turret trick.

I found a good polish of the internals on my HW99 .22 and the tinbum kit worked wonders.

I had to cut 2 or 3 coils off the spring to bring it back under 12ft lb. After bedding in.
    Now it shoots at about 11.2 and is very smooth.

Just give the rearward parts of the piston a polish and the ends of the spring and as much of the inside of the tube as you can reach.
    Knock off any rough edges around the cocking slot and remove any factory swarf or filings.

I bought some 0.5mm delrin from and made a piston sleeve.

Do not go too mad, as you need the surfaces to hold on to some lubricant. I lubed mine with moly grease.

To polish the ends of the sping I taped some very fine wet and dry paper to a flat bit of glass and ground it nice and smooth.

The Tinbum Kit and a bit of gentle elbow grease, is all you need, no need to spend more.

Ouch!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

Having had both HW99,s to fit V Mach kits,the .177 not as pleased with the outcome as with the .22 which was a nice and well behaved,I always polished the piston and also any washers to remove even the smaller bur the lightest amount of grease.Have seen 99,s and other weihrauchs fitted with so call tuning kits and thought them only slightly better than the factory so just a polish and a tidy up of the spring ends can give just as good results
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Yes I do have the basic tbt kit with custom guide i do need a liner and also bring the power down i was using bisley mags the changed to falcon pellets and to me it's shooting better can this be switching to a lighter pellet change the firing cycle of my Springer many thanks for everyone in put it all helps

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes I do have the basic tbt kit with custom guide i do need a liner and also bring the power down i was using bisley mags the changed to falcon pellets and to me it's shooting better can this be switching to a lighter pellet change the firing cycle of my Springer many thanks for everyone in put it all helps
    Heavy pellets and springers don't usually mix well and certain pellets will "feel" much better then others.
    I would lose half a coil, refinish and polish the spring ends and try some other pellets before spending any money.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thanks all after listening to a your comments things are a lot better after cutting just over 1 and a bit coil off the spring refinishing the ends and a gentle internal polish and light lube its now shooting at 10.4 ft/lbs coupled with the lighter pellets the difference is worlds apart so thanks everyone for your input you just got to love this forum

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Thanks all after listening to a your comments things are a lot better after cutting just over 1 and a bit coil off the spring refinishing the ends and a gentle internal polish and light lube its now shooting at 10.4 ft/lbs coupled with the lighter pellets the difference is worlds apart so thanks everyone for your input you just got to love this forum
    Nice! Throwing money at a gun isn't always the answer, just a little TLC and adjustment can give big results.
    God rest ye jelly mental men