Thread: leaking regulator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cheers for all your replies ,I have replaced the external o rings on the outside of the reg and i still have the leak. so it must be the o rings inside the reg.
    I presume as long as i make sure that when i rebuild the regulator the adjusting screw is in the same place everything should work ok ?
    Duncan

As long as you dont have to touch the beleville washers, then the set pressure “should” be the same when re assembled... Always worth testing when finished though.

Andy.
    NO LONGER My s410

I have just stripped the reg and replaced the o ring on the stem but the one for the piston "head" is rebated in the body of the reg and and i was to sure how to get it out . anyway have rebuilt the gun and filled and at the moment it seems to be holding air . will wait until tomorrow before congratulating myself to much though.
    Cheers again for all the advice it gave me the encouragement to have a go
    Duncan

You may have changed the reg pressure slightly during the rebuild, so I'd chrono the rifle before you do anything else.

have just checked power 7.42 ftlb ! no worries about being on the warm side . will adjust tomorrow as had a busy day and beer is beckoning.
    duncan

now i am confused , took out reg and opened screw out to let more air in to reg which i thought would increase ftlbs but it lowered it . so i then screwed it in which lowered it more , so i took it out again and opened it a lot so i now have 150 bar in the reg according to gauge and am getting 2.5ftlbs !
    the only thing that i am aware of that has changed is that when i took the reg apart the spring was well greased and i was unsure if i could use normal grease on it so i cleaned it and left it dry . Could this be causing a problem ? if so what grease can i use on it please ?
    still on the plus side after being worried about dismantling my gun only a week ago I can now do it blindfolded!
    Cheers
    Duncan

The more pressure you have in the reg, the harder it is for the firing valve to open. If the firing valve cannot open, you get not air going down the barrel.

I have never opened a Walham reg, so I can't really advise which way the screw should be turned but you need to seriously reduce the pressure in the reg.

The springs should have some grease on them, most people use the same grease you would use in a springer as it needs to be completely non flammable.