Thread: leaking regulator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more pressure you have in the reg, the harder it is for the firing valve to open. If the firing valve cannot open, you get not air going down the barrel.

I have never opened a Walham reg, so I can't really advise which way the screw should be turned but you need to seriously reduce the pressure in the reg.

The springs should have some grease on them, most people use the same grease you would use in a springer as it needs to be completely non flammable.

Well stripped reg again ,greased and adjusted it re assembled rifle 100 bar in reg now 2ftlbs . will try adjusting once more tomorrow. the real problem I have now is the amount of shots it takes to empty the gun when it is only shooting 2 ftlbs !

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sounds like you need to add a little hammer spring preload. 100 BAR woudl be in the right ballpark pressure...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

thanks for that shedtuner . next question how would i go about doing that please?
    Duncan

I think you need to strip, clean and polish the hammer rail and leave dry or dry lube it as oil attracts crap .
    The only way to increase hammer tension is to change the spring for a longer/stronger one but the one in the
    gun is strong enough when all clean and reg pressure set right .

To drain the gun crack open the bolt holding the gauge to the firing valve a quarter turn and the air will leak out .

Not having taken a note of the reg pressure before you started, you are kinda in the dark, but if at 100 bar the rifle is not performing, then you need to go lower. Steyr regs run at 85 bar so do Walther regs, Anschutz can be lower than that.

You have done nothing but alter the reg pressure, so nothing else in the rifle should need changing in order to get to more acceptable velocities.