Thread: Daystate airwolf .177 owners.

Daystate airwolf .177 owners.

I have a problem with a .177 Airwolf. There has been an issue whilst loading the weapon where the bolt 'jammed' to the rear and would not go forward. With some gentle manipulation the bolt eventually went forward and corrected itself. This happened again some time later but again eventually freed itself but now the bolt won't cycle the magazine. Forgive my laymans terms as I have no technical experience with this rifle but it's appears the bolt's action is not moving far enough to the rear to antivate the magazine mechanism.
    Whilst not aware at the time what was the issue I found this thread and it seems to similar to what occurred with mine, ie., pellets have dropped back into the action. I cannot recall what 'angle' I was holding the rifle whilst loading but may have been the case that the weapon was elevated at the time it is my assumption that I have squashed pellets trapped within the action restricting the mechanism full operation.

Has anyone any experience of 'clearing' the action. I could not find any suitable self-help guides on YouTube
    for this particular problem? I have stripped and checked the magazine which appears to be functioning correctly
    Any advice appreciated.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....tate+wolf+bolt

Yep, had/have the same issue. I believe it to be tiny amounts of lead pellet jamming the action. I replaced the bolt probe oring and striped the mag, also replacing the oring. Still had same issue. Also noticed that the bolt required slightly more force to actuate. My AW is 6 years old and never had a service (I’ve owned it from new) and having fired 4500 pellets thought it was time for a service. It’s currently with the DS factory for a full service, which I suspect will resolve the issue.
    Hawke Tac 30 4.5-14 * 42mm ~ Harris 9-13" Swivel non notched bipod ~ Hawke LRF 600 - Tracer 400 Tactical ~ Nitesite Viper ~ Daystate Airwolf .177 ~ Sportsmatch mounts ~ Hugget Shroud + Belita Moderator ~ Aim Drag Bag

Quote Originally Posted by captain_gatso View Post
    Yep, had/have the same issue. I believe it to be tiny amounts of lead pellet jamming the action. I replaced the bolt probe oring and striped the mag, also replacing the oring. Still had same issue. Also noticed that the bolt required slightly more force to actuate. My AW is 6 years old and never had a service (I’ve owned it from new) and having fired 4500 pellets thought it was time for a service. It’s currently with the DS factory for a full service, which I suspect will resolve the issue.
    I have managed to adopt this rifle from the current owner (long story) and is circa 2006. Hoping to avoid a factory service at this stage. Hoping there maybe a user on the forum who could talk me through a DIY action strip if possible. Fingers crossed having seen the cost of a DS service!

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysili

Bolt

I had the same problem,it's very common either a pellet was not pushed into the magazine fully or the o ring is getting weak on the mag.

Easy to fix if it doesn't have anti tamper screws.....check this out

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yell....html#p2263092
    Life is like a toilet roll, when you get closer to the end, the quicker it goes.

I find my mk4 magazine doesn't like certain pellets IE short, much the same as BSA magazines they tend to cant slightly when the bolt is pushed home and jams in the magazine, pellet choice unfortunately is dictated by the magazine as well as accuracy, the only answer is a single pellet tray or Rowan engineering single loader.

Quote Originally Posted by straut View Post
    I had the same problem,it's very common either a pellet was not pushed into the magazine fully or the o ring is getting weak on the mag.

Easy to fix if it doesn't have anti tamper screws.....check this out

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yell....html#p2263092
    Thanks for that straut
    It appears mine has the anti tamper screws in place so may have to reconsider options now. Doh.

Yes ... as above; most likely a pellet stuch inside the action. Although it sounds daunting, if you do not have AT then it is an easy fix provided you can access all the 6 top bolts. Simply remove them and lift the top free complete with barrel. Just take care to notice, and not lose the transfer port O ring. It is many years since I did this job but I do not think there is anything there to catch you out. The errant pellet will be obvious and can be removed.
    Then make sure the TP O ring is in place, replace top and fasten down the 6 bolts.
    if you have an AT bolt then the job is more tricky as you really need to access inside the housing so need to get rid of the AT bolt. Sometime you cannot get access to all 6 bolts as the single shot tray, if you are using one, won't come free because the probe will not move out of the way. Remedy, as told me by Mr Belas himself, is to hold rifle upside down and give it a good shake until the probe can move out of the way ......
    I thought only early rifles suffered like this. Daystate used to offer a free kit that you fitted to prevent the issue happening again, but I do not know if they still do. I had to fit a kit to both my MK3 and a Wolf, both bought s/h, as they showed the syndrome very soon after purchase.
    Cheers, Phil

Tried to post a photo but didn't work. Three pellets of various disfigured shapes successfully removed. Weapon and magazine working correctly again now. Thanks to all for assistance in this matter much appreciated.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysili

Sorted

Great community, all here to help and enjoy our fantastic hobby.
    Glad it's sorted
    Normal service resumed 👍
    Life is like a toilet roll, when you get closer to the end, the quicker it goes.