Thread: Maccari piston seal for BSA.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Maccari piston seal for BSA.

Hi all,

Well I've just splashed out on two Maccari piston seals to fit the later BSA's with the 29mm mushroom type seals, I'm interested to seal if they will work better than the standard BSA seal which seems a little hard and plasticky to me and not very pliable like other seals (custom and standard), the BSA ones may be just fine but I've heard good things about Maccari products so I don't think I can go wrong with his seals.

I was a little reluctant to strip my older Supersport down due to three things, which are firstly it seems to be running ok with no dieseling or power problems, secondly having to remove the maxigrip rail and getting the bugger back on and thirdly the above mentioned seal hardness, now that I've found the Maccari seals I think I may have a go, I know the seal in my Airsporter RB2 is probably a bit old as it dieseled for ages when I tuned it the other week, so I'll try one in that first and see if it improves and then move on to my Supersport, which I've become very smitten with recently.

Anyone else tried a Maccari seal in a Beeza?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    nope but interested as my RB2 is still a little harsher than I'd like...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    nope but interested as my RB2 is still a little harsher than I'd like...
    See how long it takes to get them to me first, I bought a couple of Oz seals for my Brocock and they took ages to come, they seem to fit well and have replaced the TX long stroke head conversion I did.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    See how long it takes to get them to me first, I bought a couple of Oz seals for my Brocock and they took ages to come, they seem to fit well and have replaced the TX long stroke head conversion I did.

Pete

Pete Your in box is full Buddy..Re piston

Cheers

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    Pete Your in box is full Buddy..Re piston

Cheers

Daryl
    Whoops!

Now clear mate.

Pete