Thread: Hawke Panorama old and newer scope differences?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Hawke Panorama old and newer scope differences?

Hi all,

Just in the process of doing a scope swap and have a Hawke Panorama on it's way, it's an earlier model and checking out Googled images, I've noticed the newer ones are different, are the older ones any better lense or build quality wise or is it just cosmetic?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Recently changed over to Panoramas on my rifles. They're the 2-7x32 15100.

They are superb glass
    B.A.S.C. member

found the older Panorama scopes have a better build quality than the new ones,sold an 4-12x50ev only to regret it later tried the new one ,ended up buying an old one in 4-12x50 AO with map6 the new one did,nt tick my box,s
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post

They are superb glass
    Second that, I have one and with it being 32mm parallax shift is no big deal if your'e carefull with eye placement / alignment. But, they are now out of production sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post

They are superb glass
    That's no longer listed on the web site the only 2-7x32 is the Airmax 13100.

Comparing the numbers from a 2013 product book;
    the old model had a wider FOV at 3x, slightly shorter eye relief, fractionally shorter overall & a bit lighter,
    otoh the new 50mm now focuses down to 10yds rather than the old 15yds & has a slightly wider FOV at 12x,
    neither 5-15x50 or 6-18x50 existed in 2013.

I've never used a Panorama, but I don't rate the current Sidewinder glass as good as it was in previous models.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    That's no longer listed on the web site the only 2-7x32 is the Airmax 13100.
    As I understand things;

The 1" Airmax and the Panorama AO's are the same scopes other than different reticles and also IR on the Panorama, there was never a x32 AO in the Panorama range I believe. That said, I wonder it there would have been a market for such?

No experience of this, but from what I've read the new Panoramas aren't springer friendly. The old ones were happy mounted on anything.

Don't know about quality but the newer panoramas seem more expensive. I have several early models which are excellent, also newer air max which are also excellent but without the ir can be hard to see reticle on dark targets.