Thread: New barrels,should have known, didn't.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Roller View Post
    Having a barrel sent to your local RFD is not the only option, you can have a finished barrel sent direct to your home address if you send the old barrel to the online business such as Chambers. This counts as a 'Face to face' transactions and you can have the old barrel returned with the order, a much cheaper option than via a RFD!
    plus 1 on that. other paces also do the same

Doesn't that just about clinch what a crazy piece of legislation the VCR act is.

I can't buy a new barrel on its own but if I send my old barrel to the supplier he can send it back to me - unaltered - with a new barrel in the same package.

www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Doesn't that just about clinch what a crazy piece of legislation the VCR act is.

I can't buy a new barrel on its own but if I send my old barrel to the supplier he can send it back to me - unaltered - with a new barrel in the same package.

I’m not sure that’s the case, an RFD can swap a barrel but sending the original back with the new one still means you’ve been directly sent a nett new barrel

I’m pretty sure you both commit an offence

Buying a complete barrel from outside the uk however seems completely legal, it’s a mess.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Heavy Roller, over to you.

It's a mess all right, my allegedly illegal at the time H5 SA came via a courier delivered to my door from Holland.

It's a mess all right, my allegedly illegal at the time H5 SA came via a courier delivered to my door from Holland.
    Because a Dutch dealer is outside UK rules & a sale is a profit.

I had a UK dealer/importer send me a barrel direct a couple of years back, (for a cal change) he said the fact he knew I had the rifle through buying other parts made it OK & I wasn't going to argue.

Heavy Roller, over to you.
    Sending the old part acts as a 'Face to Face' transaction. It is still the customer's property,