Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New barrels,should have known, didn't.

Hello angrybear, Sir you are not wrong and indeed they are marked as such, it was quite simple really, I just didn't think of it. It has been a crazy couple of weeks with family and domestic stuff. Just more of the same old stuff and I am not too good at sorting more than one thing at a time.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Having a barrel sent to your local RFD is not the only option, you can have a finished barrel sent direct to your home address if you send the old barrel to the online business such as Chambers. This counts as a 'Face to face' transactions and you can have the old barrel returned with the order, a much cheaper option than via a RFD!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Roller View Post
    Having a barrel sent to your local RFD is not the only option, you can have a finished barrel sent direct to your home address if you send the old barrel to the online business such as Chambers. This counts as a 'Face to face' transactions and you can have the old barrel returned with the order, a much cheaper option than via a RFD!
    plus 1 on that. other paces also do the same

Doesn't that just about clinch what a crazy piece of legislation the VCR act is.

I can't buy a new barrel on its own but if I send my old barrel to the supplier he can send it back to me - unaltered - with a new barrel in the same package.

www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Doesn't that just about clinch what a crazy piece of legislation the VCR act is.

I can't buy a new barrel on its own but if I send my old barrel to the supplier he can send it back to me - unaltered - with a new barrel in the same package.

I’m not sure that’s the case, an RFD can swap a barrel but sending the original back with the new one still means you’ve been directly sent a nett new barrel

I’m pretty sure you both commit an offence

Buying a complete barrel from outside the uk however seems completely legal, it’s a mess.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Heavy Roller, over to you.

It's a mess all right, my allegedly illegal at the time H5 SA came via a courier delivered to my door from Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Roller View Post

From Chambers

PLEASE NOTE REPAIRS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS NEW LAW

We are still able to sell major parts by mail order if they are part of an exchange/repair, so for example if we receive a cylinder/barrel/silencer etc. from a customer we can exchange it for a new cylinder/barrel/silencer etc.

We have marked on our site items that must be sent to dealers or incorporated into repairs.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/News/

Exchange in my thinking is you send them your and they send you a new one and they keep your old one.

Swapping a 177 barrel for a 22 or vice versa can hardly be called a repair.

Heavy Roller, over to you.
    Sending the old part acts as a 'Face to Face' transaction. It is still the customer's property,

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    From Chambers

PLEASE NOTE REPAIRS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS NEW LAW

We are still able to sell major parts by mail order if they are part of an exchange/repair, so for example if we receive a cylinder/barrel/silencer etc. from a customer we can exchange it for a new cylinder/barrel/silencer etc.

We have marked on our site items that must be sent to dealers or incorporated into repairs.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/News/

Exchange in my thinking is you send them your and they send you a new one and they keep your old one.
    i`ve bought a couple of HW100 Barrels from Chambers
    I sent them a Crosman pistol barrel, and asked it be returned, it returned both times
    they were not in the slightest bothered that it was a different barrel
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

It's a mess all right, my allegedly illegal at the time H5 SA came via a courier delivered to my door from Holland.
    Because a Dutch dealer is outside UK rules & a sale is a profit.

I had a UK dealer/importer send me a barrel direct a couple of years back, (for a cal change) he said the fact he knew I had the rifle through buying other parts made it OK & I wasn't going to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the uttery hopeless vcr act in full effect, undermining UK companies to European retailers' benfit - and we can't even blame the EU
    Crime figures actually went up after the vcr act came in
    Its a joke mate and its putting our retailers out of business