Thread: The 77 does it again!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Which Nikon have you got on it Rhys?

I am definitely preferring smaller scopes over time - seems an under represented bit of the market, for airgun suitable scopes at least.

Tim
    After much thinking I came up with the idea that I wanted a Plex Ret nice & simple for the nice & simple feel of the 77.. all the bells & whistles were starting to irritate me.
    The only problem was I still like to plink at long ranges and a Plex on its own was going to just be a bit too frustrating for me so I needed something with turrets!!
    It had to be a side focus px or a small objective & I knew the cheek piece of the 77 was low so small objective it was.... It narrowed my search to really only this scope:

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...ra-turret.html

It works really nicely, the depth of field isn't epic like my Meopta 4x32 but it does the job and I like the 1/2 moa clicks as it means in .22 the turret takes you out to 85yrds before the end of the first turn. It's parallaxes at 50yrds but is easy to change which I have done & it's pretty clear. It definitely lacks in some aspects but overall for what it's on its ideal & with some car "pinstripe" tape wrapped around the turret over the rimfie markers the 5yrd lines seem to work nicely. I'm going to put a half way between each 5yrd mark to make it more accurate I think but other than that I'm just going to keep rinsing my pellets through it!! Lol

Rhys

Ps.. they have stopped doing this scope now but they have replaced it with this:

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...tTabs-Overview

Which looks really interesting, especially with the new moa & mrad reticles as your not restricted to something based on a specific type of gun
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 24-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    After much thinking I came up with the idea that I wanted a Plex Ret nice & simple for the nice & simple feel of the 77.. all the bells & whistles were starting to irritate me.
    The only problem was I still like to plink at long ranges and a Plex on its own was going to just be a bit too frustrating for me so I needed something with turrets!!
    It had to be a side focus px or a small objective & I knew the cheek piece of the 77 was low so small objective it was.... It narrowed my search to really only this scope:

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...ra-turret.html

It works really nicely, the depth of field isn't epic like my Meopta 4x32 but it does the job and I like the 1/2 moa clicks as it means in .22 the turret takes you out to 85yrds before the end of the first turn. It's parallaxes at 50yrds but is easy to change which I have done & it's pretty clear. It definitely lacks in some aspects but overall for what it's on its ideal & with some car "pinstripe" tape wrapped around the turret over the rimfie markers the 5yrd lines seem to work nicely. I'm going to put a half way between each 5yrd mark to make it more accurate I think but other than that I'm just going to keep rinsing my pellets through it!! Lol

Rhys

Ps.. they have stopped doing this scope now but they have replaced it with this:

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...tTabs-Overview

Which looks really interesting, especially with the new moa & mrad reticles as your not restricted to something based on a specific type of gun
    Thanks for your fullsome reply Rhys - I may have to have a look at these, not sure about UK availability though as yet, but I've only done a quick Google...

Cheers,
    Tim