The daystate huntsman has been on the blink again, shooting all over the place! not sure why but I think it's silencer related because I bent the shroud and then bent it back... (Seems to be fine for a while then I gently knock it & it plays up). it's frustrating the hell out of me & I think I might need to buy a new shroud for it but after spending a few hundred on the calibre swap I'm loathed to look at fixing it for a bit.

Anyway, in one way it's done me a bit of a favour, as I've been using the 77 instead and today I did all the technical bit, I measured scope height, chronograph readings, calculated drop and had a bit of a practice with the little Nikon's tac turrets .
After typing all the information into the chairgun, I used it to calculate the click values, taped the elevation turret & marked it at 0 (25yrds) 30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80 & 85 yrd intervals..., Now I only had room to check (& roughly I might add) to 50yrds but so far it's pretty on the money. I tested it by putting out a target and walking away turning around, laser ranging, dialing and shooting dead on, And I have to say it's a really good system! Much easier than dope cards or hold over markers! No counting, no aiming off (apart from windage which will be my biggest hurdle I think), no need to remember your magnification, just a nice Plex Ret & a range finder.
I took it up the farm shortly after and shot 4 pigeon at various distances from standing with no hesitation at all. The system plays beautifully into the simplicity of grab your pellets & go!
I'm really really starting to love this rifle, and I'm so glad I've got it. I'm seriously considering getting a 97k in .20 with a scruffy stock and a basic scope, just for dragging round the yard/field, even to the point I'm wondering if the PCP might be obsolete.

Rhys