Thread: Original 75 valuation please

Original 75 valuation please

A friend is looking to sell his Original 75 target rifle on the forum I've tested it and it shoots as it should. Has the adjustable cheek piece and in very good condition.

I've searched the forum but haven't found any recent sales and wonder what would be a realistic price to ask.

I'mbas in Essex and would prefer face to face transaction to ensure buyer is happy. Not sure if this would effect the price.

Thanks

Original 75

Hi
    I bought one on here a couple of months ago. It's LH in excellent condition, with original sights and in a hard case. I think I paid £220 posted and think I got a good deal. Very pleased with it ( my shooting is not its fault!) it doesn't have the adjustable cheek price which I guess would add more. Not sure how LH impacts pricing.
    Hope that helps
    Regards
    Andy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Have you tested the power? Because there is no recoil it's harder to tell if it's down or not. This will make the biggest difference to the price. As long as it's around 5 ft-lb or more (they were never very strong to start with) its OK.
    Assuming it's all good and doesn't need a service, I would say £250 to start with, up to £300 if the bluing and woodwork are in very good condition

If power is down and it needs a service it gets a bit trickier. Seals are only about £25 for the pair, but the cost of having someone do it can vary from free to 'I won't touch it' and anywhere in between.
    I've done a couple for friends and myself so just had to pay for seals. Maybe you or someone you know, knows these rifles and could do it for beer tokens?
    I've heard of people charging around £100 for the job which actually is reasonable if it's done well. (The new seals will likely need sizing as they tend to be a tight fit and limit power to about 4 ft-lb until they are broken in which can take a while)
    And some places won't even touch them

Unfortunately they don't seem to go for much, despite the precision engineering and high quality that isn't matched by anything you could buy new today. Bit of a shame really

Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    Hi
    I bought one on here a couple of months ago. It's LH in excellent condition, with original sights and in a hard case. I think I paid £220 posted and think I got a good deal. Very pleased with it ( my shooting is not its fault!) it doesn't have the adjustable cheek price which I guess would add more. Not sure how LH impacts pricing.
    Hope that helps
    Regards
    Andy
    I think you got a good deal there, especially with the adjustable cheek piece.
    With some rifles, LH can add value (think Prosport or TX200), but I think the market for 10m rifles is too small and it doesn't seem to affect prices much either way. Just my experience though

Original 75.

I have a Original 75 I purchased some years ago.( 2014) I purchased it for £250. metal work and stock both in nice
    condition. This one is the universal model ( raised front sight, raiser block on rear, and adjustable cheek piece.)
    I also have as new in box the match version (Diane). £400. in 2014...
    As mentioned above I would have the 75 put through a chrono. to see what its putting out. My universal was
    measured at 4.9 ftlbs and the match which is the same action at 6.2 ftlbs....
    As a slight distraction in the summer I scope my older 10m, match rifles and use them in the garden out to 25 yds.
    This morning I used the universal with a old optima scope on and my annie 250 with a old beeman ss1.. 25 yds no problem..
    Great fun..!...

I just paid £229 from a shop in good condition and fully working