Thread: Stock stripper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

aria

Stripped a stock with No Nonsense stripper from Screwfix around £5 for 1/2 a litre.Worked for me,no smells no gloves.

Another vote for Screwfix No Nonsense stripper, I did my 9015 stock with it.

Follow the instructions and it works brilliantly.

Chris,

Since paint strippers have had their dichoromethane (DCM) removed, most of them are sh!te

I have fond memories of the PolyStripper of the 1970s, that would strip virtually anything - would sting your skin like hell, and would penetrate most gloves

A friend got some DCM based stripper from Bay Of Flea, and that worked really well.

Have a search.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Paramorse Chris, that's what I use for my stock work. It's used by professional furniture restorers, so if it's good enough for them.

Thanks guys

Cheers fella's
    I did try to find nitromors but not for sale anywhere, tried one but that was useless.

Where did you get that from Andy ?

I have a french polisher nearby but he's on holiday for a month !

I will look for dcm to Russ

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Cheers fella's
    I did try to find nitromors but not for sale anywhere, tried one but that was useless.

Chris
    If you use the new stuff (cheap)apply a liberal amount and as stated above wrap it in a plastic sack and leave for a few hours works fine for me.

Chris,

I think this is the product my friend uses :

On Bay Of Flea co uk, search for :

Power Strip Best Industrial Strength Heavy Duty Paint Stripper Remover 1Litre

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Cheers fella's

Chris
    New formula Nitromors green can is available widely from places like Screwfix but at £52 for 4 litres its a big purchase. I got 375ml can for £10 from an old fashioned hardware shop.

I am trying to get the white gloop lacquer (probably acrylic), from my S400 MPR Sporter stock chequering and nooks and crannies, but I' have sanded off from the plain surfaces. I will do the polythene wrap too.

Ive had a few go through the french polisher, god knows what he uses but theres nothing left and the wood looks bleached white/grey until Its sanded wet, as soon as water or oil goes on the grain pops out. I should wait for him but fancy a bash !
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars