Can't recall if I posted anything about this gun located in a German museum, in any case, this would appear to be a legitimate Girandoni handmade Austrian Military model 1780: engraved, "GIRARDONI INUENIT ET FECIT” (lat. "I invented it, I made it") This is the common engraving on all nature of guns made in this era when the gun is made by the inventor themselves.

So, I finally have to decide what to do about this airgun. The museum wants a bunch of money for taking the pictures and for any publishing rights. To get everything that might be interesting would run me $300 plus publishing rights. Hmmm....

If it's just for my own use, I'l probably decline the full boat and go with a pic of the gun and a closeup of the engraving.

However, if there is more interest in this, and a bunch of folks express interest in something like a full color book repo for something like $30-40, I could go for more pictures. After getting the pics, it wouldn't take but a few days to put together a nice book with all the pictures.

With something like 15-20 commits. This could happen.