Thread: "girardoni inuenit et fecit”

"girardoni inuenit et fecit”

Can't recall if I posted anything about this gun located in a German museum, in any case, this would appear to be a legitimate Girandoni handmade Austrian Military model 1780: engraved, "GIRARDONI INUENIT ET FECIT” (lat. "I invented it, I made it") This is the common engraving on all nature of guns made in this era when the gun is made by the inventor themselves.

So, I finally have to decide what to do about this airgun. The museum wants a bunch of money for taking the pictures and for any publishing rights. To get everything that might be interesting would run me $300 plus publishing rights. Hmmm....

If it's just for my own use, I'l probably decline the full boat and go with a pic of the gun and a closeup of the engraving.

However, if there is more interest in this, and a bunch of folks express interest in something like a full color book repo for something like $30-40, I could go for more pictures. After getting the pics, it wouldn't take but a few days to put together a nice book with all the pictures.

With something like 15-20 commits. This could happen.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I'm in.

Let me have an email address, I've got some pics, not girardoni, that may interest you.

Dave
    Smell my cheese