Thread: Weihrauch Hw 100

Weihrauch Hw 100

Hi.
    Im new on the forum and wanting some advise on purchasing my first pcp in a 1.tt cal

I have been looking at he obvious e,g Air Arms S410, Weihrauch hw100ks or the Daystate Huntsman. I would be looking to use the rifle for target and hunting.

Has any one had bad experiences with either 3 rifles, or is there a stand alone individual.?

Any advise given would be appriciated

Regards

For what you want (assuming half hunting/half targets), I'd probably favour the S410 - it's been a good reliable platform for years.

I also like to do both but, 90% hunting - my HW100 has never let me down - it's just a good solid, easy to use air rifle.

Good luck with your search.

All of the above.

I've had all three.
    In .177 calibre .
    The 410 was a carbine , with a left handed walnut stock ,nice and light to carry around and deadly accurate.
    The HW100kt is a carbine thumbhole with a fantastic side lever cocking mechanism. It's a little heavier than the 410 and is again unbelievably accurate.
    The Huntsman , again I had it with a left handed stock and action , reasonably light and the accuracy , well the less said about that the better !
    My HW100KT is still my go to rifle , although currently it's a tough choice between it and my new Kral Puncher NP-02 . A bargain price rifle that although may not be quite as refined as the others , shoots equally as well and is more than capable of both targets and hunting .

I have the HW100kt and the AA 410 Classic. The HW hits what I point it at, easily, and for that reason seems sometimes if I'm not needed, if that makes sense. The AA is slightly more of a challenge and therefore I find it more rewarding.
    At the end of the day, you need to get to a club or gunshop and try all three for yourself, as only you will know how comfortable or not you find them.
    I assume your '1.tt' calibre is supposed to be .177?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    I assume your '1.tt' calibre is supposed to be .177?
    If only it meant 1 tried and tested !

'1 tried and tested calibre'- now I wonder which one that would be?

The 3 rifles feel quite different when you handle them, which you prefer is personal taste, I'd also include the AA S510 with the sidelever rather than the bolt of the 410 but again that's personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    If only it meant 1 tried and tested !

Yes 1.77 cal technology an me dont seem to get on????

It seems that the order of play is the Hw or Air arms..

I to have read some mixed reviews about the Daystate, but wanted to hear it from someone who's had the use of one..

Well its narrowed it down to 2, and these 2 were the ones that stood out,,,, But over all, the HW 100 has the better feedback from you gentlmen..

Ill have to keep an eye out for either rifles as a package or rifle only. I have a decent scope i could put on, so Rifle and Buddy bottle search begins!!!!!!

Thank you all again

Get the S410 by far the most reliable pcp the HW100 is a great airgun but it can unreliable and the daystate is not as good as either the AA or the HW.

Dave.

Thank you for the info. I do like the stock on the AA compared to the Hw but the reliability and accuracy is my main ask!
    The search begins!!
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The 3 rifles feel quite different when you handle them, which you prefer is personal taste, I'd also include the AA S510 with the sidelever rather than the bolt of the 410 but again that's personal taste.
    As above, Cracking guns the s510, I myself prefer the huntsman over the hw,

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by llynidwal View Post

Yes 1.77 cal technology an me dont seem to get on????

It seems that the order of play is the Hw or Air arms..

I to have read some mixed reviews about the Daystate, but wanted to hear it from someone who's had the use of one..

Well its narrowed it down to 2, and these 2 were the ones that stood out,,,, But over all, the HW 100 has the better feedback from you gentlmen..

Ill have to keep an eye out for either rifles as a package or rifle only. I have a decent scope i could put on, so Rifle and Buddy bottle search begins!!!!!!

Thank you all again
    To be fair 1.77 inch calibre (45mm) is usually reserved for anti tank use, what the are you hunting? Tigers? Panzers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:45_mm_artillery

secretagentmole Guest
    Daystate Huntsman is a name that has been applied to many guns, if you are referring to the Regal, that really exposed the flaws in Daystate QC with many horribly assembled bits of machinery being inflicted on buyers. Way underpowered was a common complaint, leading many to assume that testing the power was either done after a liquid lunch or by Eli from Last of The Summer Wine.

When the guns were returned to Daystate for repair under warranty they were sent back at the same power, lower power or at the right power (but sometimes with a new problem, like an inability to hold air). Guns were spending longer in transit or back at the factory than they were with their rightly jaded owners, some of whom gave up on the ability of Daystate to fix it and used people like Airtech to sort it.

There is also another problem with Daystate, the pellets fall out of the magazine during cocking and into the mechanism, leading to an inability to fire the gun. People will spout gonads about replacing the o ring on the magazine, but it still happens and it is something you have to watch out for. Cock the gun with the barrel pointing downwards and you are safe, which is a pain when roost shooting.

If this is currently true I could not say, but trawling this and most airgun forums will find many tales of woe about the Regal.

Out of your list the one I have got one with best was the HW100, but my last had to go back due to a stock by Wolverine. HC would not let the dealer have another stock, the whole gun had to go back, stupid I know, but they did replace the woodwork...
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 20-06-2018 at 11:14 AM.