Thread: Weihrauch Hw 100

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    secretagentmole Guest
    Daystate Huntsman is a name that has been applied to many guns, if you are referring to the Regal, that really exposed the flaws in Daystate QC with many horribly assembled bits of machinery being inflicted on buyers. Way underpowered was a common complaint, leading many to assume that testing the power was either done after a liquid lunch or by Eli from Last of The Summer Wine.

When the guns were returned to Daystate for repair under warranty they were sent back at the same power, lower power or at the right power (but sometimes with a new problem, like an inability to hold air). Guns were spending longer in transit or back at the factory than they were with their rightly jaded owners, some of whom gave up on the ability of Daystate to fix it and used people like Airtech to sort it.

There is also another problem with Daystate, the pellets fall out of the magazine during cocking and into the mechanism, leading to an inability to fire the gun. People will spout gonads about replacing the o ring on the magazine, but it still happens and it is something you have to watch out for. Cock the gun with the barrel pointing downwards and you are safe, which is a pain when roost shooting.

If this is currently true I could not say, but trawling this and most airgun forums will find many tales of woe about the Regal.

Out of your list the one I have got one with best was the HW100, but my last had to go back due to a stock by Wolverine. HC would not let the dealer have another stock, the whole gun had to go back, stupid I know, but they did replace the woodwork...
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 20-06-2018 at 11:14 AM.