Thread: Advice . Feinwerkbau .22

Advice . Feinwerkbau .22

I have just been offered this air Gun but I have never herd of it so can't gauge the price the guy wants £120 for it is this good ? I would rate it an 7 out of 10 for condition.
    Your thoughts would be very welcome . R
    Rapid owners do it best. :0)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sounds OK.. I assume it;s a FWB sport (124/127), but every other FWB is worth more, so whichever way, it's probably fair
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

If it's the 124 or 127 check the stock for cracks, normally across pistol grip. Rog

If (and I cant think what else it will be in .22 ) it is a FWB Sport 124/127 (it will have it engraved on the back of the action), look very closely around the pistol grip for cracks.

ATB
    Ian

p.s. Must learn to type quicker.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    sounds OK.. I assume it;s a FWB sport (124/127), but every other FWB is worth more, so whichever way, it's probably fair
    Yup, any FWB, unless someone chopped it up with an angle grinder and then left it on the seabed for a few years, is worth £120. Even broken for parts. Maybe more as parts, sadly.

If it's a Sport, and your 7/10 is my 7/10, it's either a good deal or a very good deal. Especially if it has the iron sights (worth £40-50 on their own).

Unless the breech lock-up is worn to the point that it strings vertically. That's a difficult, expensive fix. Also the breech seals can degrade over time. Meaning you are looking at factoring in service costs. Finally, check the pistol grip at its thinnest part for cracks. They happen fairly often, and, again, take time and/or money to fix.

There's an echo in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yup, any FWB, unless someone chopped it up with an angle grinder and then left it on the seabed for a few years, is worth £120. Even broken for parts. Maybe more as parts, sadly.

If it's a Sport, and your 7/10 is my 7/10, it's either a good deal or a very good deal. Especially if it has the iron sights (worth £40-50 on their own).

Unless the breech lock-up is worn to the point that it strings vertically. That's a difficult, expensive fix. Also the breech seals can degrade over time. Meaning you are looking at factoring in service costs. Finally, check the pistol grip at its thinnest part for cracks. They happen fairly often, and, again, take time and/or money to fix.
    ....... the back one is plastic.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    ....... the back one is plastic.
    And the front one is aluminium. And even "iron" iron sights are steel. You know what I mean, it's a term of art. Like ball ammunition isn't ball.

Reply to all

Thank you very much for all your comments. I will have a look at the parts you have pointed out. I don't often comment and this is the first time I have asked a question on hear. Have a great day all. Rog
    Rapid owners do it best. :0)

Feinwerkbau Sport.

Seems like a reasonable price to me, I paid more for my Mk2. Fantastic rifles, pity the new one isn't as good as the old ones.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!