Thread: Steyr LP Cylynder

Steyr LP Cylynder

I've been offered a couple of Lp cylinders, both in excellent condition, They are beyond there 10 year issf date

What would be a fair price to pay, he's a friend so want to pay a fair price for both of us but have no idea of value

thanks
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Standard size cylinder around £115 new (North of the border); post cost unknown. Say max 2/3 ~ £77, but out of date probably makes them less valuable, so maybe 1/2 new ~ £57 max. The colour might be relevant to some buyers (e.g. blue might/might not be desirable for black or silver frame).
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 21-06-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Post costs unknown
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Id say max half cause theyre out of date. So 50-75. If leakfree
    ATB,
    yana

Advise

Would say max £35-£40 each.
    £70 for the pair.

I sold a pair of gold LP cylinders last year for £35 plus postage - no leaks, years out of date but no gauges on the end-old style.
    I also bought some with gauges and 5 years I n date - simplistically, the agreed sale price was the new cost less £30 residual value as if they were out of date, plus the remainder of the new cost divided by 10 years then multiplied by the number of years left. So say £120 new cost less £30 =£90/10 years =£9/yr, x 5 years left=£45 plus £30 residual=£75
    Hope that helps!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Lundy
    "I sold a pair of gold LP cylinders last year for £35 plus postage - no leaks, years out of date but no gauges on the end-old style."

Well we agreed on a little bit less than that in the end 😊
    And they're still going strong 👌 Cheers

I have bought a few over the recent years. The old style without gauges I've picked up for around the £15 mark. I've paid up to £45 for the newer version with 'date' left on them.....

Particularly with the old style if they haven't been resealed you may want to factor that potential cost into your calculations too.

That said, l'd be happy to pick up leaking ones too!😆

Mike

Mike
    Maybe we did ! My memory ain't great but dont embarrass me by telling me how wrong I am!
    Glad they're still holding up
    Lundy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!