Thread: HW100 issues

HW100 issues

Morning all,

Looking for some advice, 177 HW100k with A&M cylinder.

I haven't used it for a while, tried it yesterday and the POI at 25 yards had dropped about 3 mil dots.

Removed cylinder which vented any air left in it, put cylinder back on, refilled and appears to be back to normal.

Is it a cylinder issue or the reg in the gun sticking?

Cheers all
    "I'm an enormously talented man, and there's no use pretending that I'm not.."

Sounds like you’ve got a leak. My advice is to fill the cylinder off the gun and leave it not connected to the gun for a couple of days. If the pressure drops it means your cylinder is leaking, if it’s only leaks when connected to the gun, every chance it’s the gun

I understand A & M cylinders don't have a valve so vent when you take them off. Are you aware A & M will check and service it free of charge every two years if you send it to them at your expense?

The best cylinder on the market is the HW100 Tuning Titanium one, much safer than alloy, also gives a real improvement to performance.

secretagentmole Guest
    Did you fill your gun up before you stored it?
    If not problem may be solved...

Probably around 150 which as held.
    "I'm an enormously talented man, and there's no use pretending that I'm not.."

After being stood unused for while, many guns seem to need a few shots to liven them up!
    If all is now OK, problem solved.
    I shoot bench rest so I always shoot a few shots before even checking zero.

The cylinder is just a source of air, if it is screwed in all the way in, not related to poi issue leaky cylinder or not.

If any issues with hw100, the 2 easiest to swap o ring are on and inside the brass nipple. Replace both. Was it 6-8-10mm hex or so socket driver what you need, If the internal o ring fails, the reg stays fully open exposing the knock open valve to full cylinder pressure. Resulting in low power, poi drop

It is very easy to check if it is a reg, fill the cylinder only to the top of yellow section under the green section on the gauge and re check power. Fill again full recheck power. If poi moves a lot you know it is the reg.

Does your gun group at all, not just spraying pellets? ��

Always shoot few pellets, some guns regs leak so right after filling you need a dry fire or 2 or to cycle the reg, empty the full prechamber.
    Last edited by krisko; 21-06-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    Morning all,

Looking for some advice, 177 HW100k with A&M cylinder.

I haven't used it for a while, tried it yesterday and the POI at 25 yards had dropped about 3 mil dots.

Removed cylinder which vented any air left in it, put cylinder back on, refilled and appears to be back to normal.

Is it a cylinder issue or the reg in the gun sticking?

Cheers all
    Drop in POI is not a cylinder issue so long as it has air at pressure above REG set pressure. POI drops are usually power related and a gun that has been unused for a while may need a few shots to clear its throat. If the gun is shooting noramlly now then all is good.

A.G