Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AirArms CD and HW Rekord Trigger Units Interchangeability

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Mick,

Many thanks for this most useful post

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    I'm glad you're finding it useful, Russ.

I suppose I better briefly include the Walther LGU and LGV pistons in this thread as my .22" TX is shortstroked by simply fitting a Walther LGV piston in it, which works perfectly with the bog standard CD trigger unit.

So in theory the TX trigger and back block could be used in both the LGU and LGV with a little alteration to the stock --- as far as I know no one has tried this conversion yet ?

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    So in theory the TX trigger and back block could be used in both the LGU and LGV with a little alteration to the stock --- as far as I know no one has tried this conversion yet ?
    As the trigger is the only real weak link in the LGV, it would be an interesting one... trouble is the casing / arrangement is very different, so not sure it'd transalate...

As an aside, you can drop a CD top sear into a Rekord too and it works just fine with the TX style mushroom ended piston rod.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

This is a very interesting thread as I asked a similar question about changing the trigger mechanism in a FWB Sport and decided it wasn't worth the hassle
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Hi Rob

I just pushed the CD into the back block until the rivets touched, then I lined the cassette up with the pin holes and marked where to relieve for the rivets.
    To line the cassette fore and aft, I put pins in the cassette and back block, then with the back block upside down on a flat surface I lined them up with a set square.
    I relieved for the pins and slightly opened out the slot using a dremmel and a decent flat file --- a bit time consuming but easy enough to do.

One thing I forgot to mention in my opening post was the fact that the TX piston rod is a bigger OD to the Weihrauch piston rod, so you have to open the spring guide and back block hole IDs to match.

To get your piston altered I'd try NickG as he makes his own pistons and rods, for the CD it's a matter of waiting for a second hand one to come up, or you could try Julian Bond for a new one.

All the best Mick
    Cheers for the clarification Mick. At the minute I'm not up for buying a new CD unit but will persist in trying to find a used one.
    B.A.S.C. member

Ah, unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

You would expect the smaller surface area of the smaller pin to give a lower frictional loss but that's not the case.

The standard formula for working out the coefficient of friction does not include surface area :-

Attachment 277075

U = the coefficient of friction between the two materials.

Attachment 277076
    Oh yes, I recall trying to comprehend why wider tyres gave more grip on our race car when this one was trotted out by a college student at Prescott, according to the theory we should see the same level of adhesion and less drag by using narrower tyres, therefore faster, never worked like that though.

It could simply be less surface imperfections in the bore or on the pin in the smaller bore leads to less fouling, whatever the cause I have found smaller pins to be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Oh yes, I recall trying to comprehend why wider tyres gave more grip on our race car when this one was trotted out by a college student at Prescott, according to the theory we should see the same level of adhesion and less drag by using narrower tyres, therefore faster, never worked like that though.

It could simply be less surface imperfections in the bore or on the pin in the smaller bore leads to less fouling, whatever the cause I have found smaller pins to be beneficial.

The other good question is why don't formula one cars use pushbike brakes to save weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

As an aside, you can drop a CD top sear into a Rekord too and it works just fine with the TX style mushroom ended piston rod.
    The only problem with that is the fact that no one seems to sell CD top Sears, Jon.

I've looked at Knibbs, Chambers and Julian Bond, and none of them even show a part number for the top sear.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The only problem with that is the fact that no one seems to sell CD top Sears, Jon.

I've looked at Knibbs, Chambers and Julian Bond, and none of them even show a part number for the top sear.
    Nah, you are right, it's a real pain. However I just picked up bunch of CD trigger parts from the bay - trouble is there were actually enough bits to make a whole trigger, so having done so, I'm still short a top sear
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The other good question is why don't formula one cars use pushbike brakes to save weight.

Indeed!

My TX/LGU/77 hybrid has a custom trigger blade in it which I think is a copy of a Mach1 blade, this is the nicest trigger setup I have
    Now I was going to post a picture of this trigger blade but I didn't want to pull my TX apart, but today I realised I had a similar blade for a Rekord :-

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

As you can see the contact points on this blade are adjustable and the blade is set back about 10mm.

Thumbs up

cd trigger blade in a rekord unit
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive