Thread: Early Lincoln Jeffries with an odd trigger guard?

Early Lincoln Jeffries with an odd trigger guard?

I saw this old rifle the other day, too rusty to make out a serial number but must be a early Lincoln air rifle, But it has a type of trigger guard that I have not seen before. Normally the trigger guards have two screws which hold them onto the cylinder but this one only has one. Ill upload an image to show you. Anyone ever seen one like this before?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152900...posted-public/

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    I saw this old rifle the other day, too rusty to make out a serial number but must be a early Lincoln air rifle, But it has a type of trigger guard that I have not seen before. Normally the trigger guards have two screws which hold them onto the cylinder but this one only has one. Ill upload an image to show you. Anyone ever seen one like this before?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152900...posted-public/
    It's probably a German copy. Here is a pre-WW1 Diana trigger guard, for instance:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I may be wrong, but is this the earliest type with a long tang ?

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Lincoln Jeffries in name only. It looks to be a german Millita air rifle, which was most probably marketed and sold by Lincoln Jeffries, not built by him. Definitely a german design of trigger guard.

Lakey

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Lincoln Jeffries in name only. It looks to be a german Millita air rifle, which was most probably marketed and sold by Lincoln Jeffries, not built by him. Definitely a german design of trigger guard.

Lakey
    Hi Lakey you are right about German made Millita and retailed by Lincoln Jeffries. l have one of these as they are part of LJ history. and they are what he used to base his underlever rifle on.