Thread: Persistant HW 100 leak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Persistant HW 100 leak

I love my 100 and have had little trouble since I bought it except that I had to adjust the regulator in the beginning. After it had been sitting for 6 months it began leaking from the tiny bleed hole in the valve block. I stripped it and fitted a new set of seals but it kept leaking. I tried two new polyurethane O rings on the fill valve that I purchased off the evil bay but still leaked. Taking a closer inspection I found that the internal diameter of these seals seemed too large. Hunted through my seal collection and found a very hard seal with a smaller I.D. to fit over the fill valve where the cylinder screws on. Hey presto its been standing for a week with no air loss. Thought this might interest 100 owners as you cannot always trust new seals to be a correct fit.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Good info, thanks for sharing 👍

I once went in to one never again unless you know what you are doing leave well alone

I found POK guide on the hw owners forum really useful and sourcing your own seals according to those dimensions cheaper and more effective. Only had to do it once and no problems since. Glad to hear you cracked it
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

I use the HW100 Tuning seal packs, all are the correct sizes, excellent quality, individually marked up and very reasonably priced.

Not had one leak yet and I've serviced a fair few HW100's now, I'm in my fourth this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    I use the HW100 Tuning seal packs, all are the correct sizes, excellent quality, individually marked up and very reasonably priced.

Not had one leak yet and I've serviced a fair few HW100's now, I'm in my fourth this week!
    I agree the Hw100 tuning o-rings and other products are very good.
    HW100KT,FX Verminator,X2 Merlyn
    BSA Superstar,FX Dream Tac Compact,Browning Maxus,Browning O/U,Miroku SbS, Hw97k,HW98,BSA R10, Zbroia Kozac FC.