Thread: BSA Goldstar SE

BSA Goldstar SE

Hi everyone what’s ur opinion on these rifles? Thanks

Had one for little more than a week, fell well short of my expectations, hamster screws kept coming loose, low shot count and ok accuracy nothing special for an asking price of close to a grand. bought HFT500 better rifle all round.

I like them - they're nice to shoulder and the shot cycle is slick.
    But, they do depreciate badly and, they seem difficult to move on.

The one that my daughter had did develop an issue with the reg but, it was sorted very quickly by BSA via my RFD.

Because of her size, she always used it off a bipod or bag, she never used the hamster or had to adjust the cheek piece.

It was very accurate with Bisley Magnums and AA Express. The Bis Mags did take it very close to the limit.

She took her first rabbit with it and, she loved going through the HFT course with it.

In my honest opinion, there are better rifles in that class - Ultimate Sporter/HFT 500.

I think the Goldstar would be more popular if it was priced around the £600/£700 mark, where it belongs.

All of the above.

I've had mine since they first came out. I shoot HFT with it and it's a great little rifle.

It is light and it is loud but as the barrel is screw cut it can soon be moderated. With mine the accuracy is excellent and it does not seen too pellet fussy, I use mostly JSB's or Air Arms 8.44 grain pellets To get the best shot count you do need to fill it to 220 bar, the max fill pressure is 232 but 220 gets me more than the 40 shots I need for an HFT course. The trigger is good with a true 2 stage feel and it is much better than from the factory than a lot of other rifles I have shot.

The screws for the hamster and cheek piece are too small and have to be done up REALLY tight in order to hold everything in place, but once you have them tight, they do stay that way.

I agree that the new price is pushing it a bit, but if you can find one s/h at a sensible price and it shoots OK, then you could get yourself a bargain.