Thread: Aa s510

Aa s510

Are there any members with a air arms s510 using a beech stock
    Does the rifle feel nicely balanced.
    Thinking of getting a beach stock for mine

They come with a beech stock, unless it's the ultimate sporter, my 510 has a beech stock and it's fine, it does have an adjustable cheek piece though. Rog

I have one as well, it came with a beech stock, I have a cheek piece fitted and an adjustable butt plate, fits me perfectly and shoots like a dream. I went the whole hog and sanded the stock down and stained it emerald green .

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    They come with a beech stock, unless it's the ultimate sporter, my 510 has a beech stock and it's fine, it does have an adjustable cheek piece though. Rog
    Not all of them mate - my hunting buddy has one with one of those crappy super light stocks. It's soft and and marks easily - I'd much rather have a beech stock over that.

All of the above.

I had one of the early carbine models with the short air tube & found it superbly balanced with the fore hand right on the gauge, not tried the models with the longer air tube but obviously the POB will be a bit further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Not all of them mate - my hunting buddy has one with one of those crappy super light stocks. It's soft and and marks easily - I'd much rather have a beech stock over that.
    Oh god, yes your right, I'd forgot about those, horrible bloody things, poplar I think, more like balsa wood, yuck. Rog