Thread: BSA Standard and Meteor Super for sale (£145 and £75 - will be at Kempton)

BSA Standard and Meteor Super for sale (£145 and £75 - will be at Kempton)

Hello
    I have the following for sale and will be at Kempton this Sunday if you wish to save on postage.......

BSA Standard underlever rifle - I believe it’s a 1906 model. Serial no is 11885 and there is a professionally inlaid brass plaque in the stock stating “Stanley Show 1906 Birmingham Small Arms Co Ltd Air Rifle Competition won by E Eden”
    There is a chip approx 1/2” wide where the stock meets the action. The metal work is sound and rust free but would benefit from refinishing (it has been blacked). Spring feels strong and the action is smooth, but I would assume the piston washer needs replacing as it won’t push a pellet out. It has an unusual flip up aperture sight as well as the standard rear sight. The following are missing: foresight, 2 screws adjacent to the tap and the trigger adjusting screw. £145

BSA Meteor Super .22 very very good condition. BSA aperture sight fitted at rear of cylinder. £75

Regards
    Springfieldm6

pm sent

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    can you send us a few pics please ? Of both
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Just sent photos of the meteor (I’ll take some of the Standard tomorrow) - let me know if you do or don’t get them (my iPad says your e-mail is invalid?!)

To all those who requested photos I think I have sent them now via my phone as my iPad is playing up, as per usual (a 100 year old rifle wouldn’t be this unreliable.....). If you don’t receive them please let me know
    Regards
    Springfieldm6

Hi Springfieldm6,

I'd like to see the 1906 BSA and take a photo of the stock escutcheon at Kempton if possible?

I'll be wearing a blue Kempton polo shirt and will have a camera in my hand most of the time!

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    To all those who requested photos I think I have sent them now via my phone as my iPad is playing up, as per usual (a 100 year old rifle wouldn’t be this unreliable.....). If you don’t receive them please let me know
    Regards
    Springfieldm6
    I have not received an email