Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 600

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Verminpells are my pellet choice.
    Flatheads and slippery.
    No jams!
    Another vote for Verminpell as mine seems to sometimes fail to feed reliably with other flat head pellets.

Brian

Crosman Match or Verminpell work seamlessly on mine (original tighten and back off cylinder piercer). Hobbys invariably jam - interesting how we all have different experiences.

As a total aside I was still able to buy left handed grips from the US about three years ago (I am a leftie). What I hadn't thought was that when you get the leftie grips it means you also get the flat grip for the left hand side - SO - you then have the flat grip from the original right hand version - put them together and - voila - you have an ambidextrous version which is what I use all of the time (us lefties had to learn to use right handed pistols when there was no alternative so we are happy with both). If anyone has leftie grips for a Crosman MK1 I am your man - cannot get them for love nor money).

Great initial post and visuals - well done that man!
    Last edited by PaulR; 26-06-2018 at 06:06 PM.

There has been the general agreement in the US that 600s are very individual in what pellets work.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Crosman Match or Verminpell work seamlessly on mine (original tighten and back off cylinder piercer). Hobbys invariably jam - interesting how we all have different experiences.

As a total aside I was still able to buy left handed grips from the US about three years ago (I am a leftie). What I hadn't thought was that when you get the leftie grips it means you also get the flat grip for the left hand side - SO - you then have the flat grip from the original right hand version - put them together and - voila - you have an ambidextrous version which is what I use all of the time (us lefties had to learn to use right handed pistols when there was no alternative so we are happy with both). If anyone has leftie grips for a Crosman MK1 I am your man - cannot get them for love nor money).

sold a set of rb cackhanders last year
    I think I have the r/h grip from a cack hander for a MK2 as I did the same and made an ambi set for my LDstyled carbine MK1

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Cheers!

How did you guys get on with owning these pistols while Co2 was FAC on ticket ?
    Hw77+7

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post

Only had mine for six years, It had been imported just before I acquired it as I was waiting for it to arrive!, Co2 was well off ticket by then

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I had two back in the 80s. The first one came over in bits from the US to 3 different address's It took about 3 weeks to work out how to put it back together. No internet back then. I used 8grm CO2 bulbs from Boots and made up a spacer for the length. My 2nd 600 came from Mays of London and was on my FAC until 97. It cost £20 as it wouldn't hold CO2. I still have that 600.

I think the requirement to place CO2 guns on FAC in the early nineties inhibited severely their development here in the UK. I remember this was also the time before pre-charged airguns were readily available and many serious target shooters had to get thier CO2 guns on FAC to continue using them.
    I'm glad this isn't the case now and we are free to use what we ever we want to power our air guns provided they meet the legal power requirements of course.

Brian

once upon a time

I inadvertently(what else?) caught a pellet from my 600 in the palm of my left hand. Stunning,OOWW!. A sadder and not much wiser Crosmaniac pondered a palm-full of Adams life-blood.