Thread: Scorpion trigger problems/ List

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Scorpion trigger problems/ List

Ive had Scorpion triggers together maybe 40 times? I've probably done a dozen or so guns. Ive advised on a few of them as well. Here are a list of what I can think of of the various problems. I may update later.

(1) the little safety spring being out of plonk so the gun will cock but not fire. It throws the flat on the safety out so the front of the hammer will not pass through it when you pull the trigger. The Duff safety bar can do the same. You will get 1 "click" of the hammer going forward but it cannot go forward enough to hit the little sear with enough force. The little tang on the leg of the spring needs a small tweak.

(2) trigger adjuster screw wound out too far so when you knock the safety off the gun fires

(3) Bent or broken hammer --the long bit that the cocking arm pushes on. Usually caused by something else and force being used as the trigger bits are only like bits of Meccano. Over the years I've actually managed to heat up and bend the long leg of the hammer that the cocking arm pushes on. One was done over 10 years ago and is still working.

(4) a duff safetybar, where the gun would not fire with the screws tightened up in the grip.

(5) the long sear worn at the bit that holds the piston-------------the gun wont cock and hold, similar to if the holding face of the piston is worn. I had one gun that just would not cock and hold, and a new sear cured it, even though i could not see any difference between them. The sear would not work on another gun either

(6) the plastic guide having a bit sticking out and pushing the long sear to one side so the gun wouldnt cock and hold . Cleaned up the witness mark and worked fine.

(7) the little sear being bent and stopping the gun from cocking. Very difficult to spot unless you have one to compare it to. The long sear rests on it before the piston comes back far enough. Long stroking the gun can cause this.

(8) as above really. If you long stroke the gun then then long sear can contact with the little sear before the piston is far enough back. More force trying to cock will result in a bent little sear.

I think that is it--BUT I have never had a problem with the hammer needing shimming so the arm does not drag on the trigger housing. Also I have never had a problem with the little sear spring.
    Hoping not to tempt fate now!
    Last edited by ggggr; 21-11-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Just a few musings after a chat with ccdjg the other day.

If it wasnt for the safety catch and the front of the hammer having to pass through it---and the safety bar having to be strong enough to be rotated by the hammer, THEN, I reckon the hammer could be double the thickness. It may still need a washer or may need a few thou taken off to stop it dragging on the trigger housing.
    So , Im still of the opinion that fitting a safety on the Scorpion (which was probably to comply with USA rules) caused more problems than it solved.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"