Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palmer "Red's Special" vintage tranquilizer gun

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just FYI; 1,200 psi of air will generate far more power than 1,200psi of CO2 - hence the animals being shot at might survive better than the lump of pine

Very interesting post, thanks for sharing...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Just FYI; 1,200 psi of air will generate far more power than 1,200psi of CO2 - hence the animals being shot at might survive better than the lump of pine

Very interesting post, thanks for sharing...
    Yes, that piece of wood really wasn't very tranquil by any measure.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I enjoyed watching the show in the 70s, but I didn't remember the stipey car at all so you have the better memory, although I do remember the Mauser-type hunting rifle in some episodes. I wonder if it was a Winchester Model 70? Which reminds me, do you still want that Crosman Model 70? Will be down Cambridge way in a few weeks.
    Hi Alistair
    Tried PM'ing a reply to earlier discourse - but your inbox is full.
    I think I'm going to have to decline at this stage given recent spending and 'er indoors has eyes on a new bathroom suite.
    Thank you most kindly for remembering me though...
    Cheers
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Indeed, lower densities and all that... one is inclined to crank things up to eleven

Honestly if it wasn't older than I am it would have made a great big-bore conversion with a higher flow valve but I can't bring myself to chop it up.