Thread: Guidance for a good scope needed.

Guidance for a good scope needed.

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping I can get some good pointers to a new scope for my daughters PCP. There are so many scopes out there, it's hard to know where to start! I have been using a Falcon Menace 10x42 for years and just bought a Falcon M18 4-18x44. I am over the moon with the Falcon scopes, but my daughter has a Brocock Contour, this is a very small gun (for a small person) so needs a small scope, something like 4-18x40, 25mm tube.

I guess through gritted teeth, I'm looking down the barrel of £300, but good glass is not cheap! I'm also looking for a B20 Reticle.

Can anybody give me any tips on where to start looking, not shops, but actual brands and types with the brands.

So good quality 4-18x40, 25mm tube with B20 reticle or close.

Thanks for any help

Rob.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 24-06-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Spelling as always :(

Hummm, Been hunting for over an hour now, can't find anything as good as my Falcon M18 4-18x44!

I thought there would be something in the Nikko or Discovery range, but no

Maybe what I'm after is not made?

It could be tricky to match all of your requirements.

What about an original Mamba Lite?

All of the above.

Nikon prostaff is a good scope does not have B20 but can get in BDC about £160 for 3-9 x40 EFR target.

Scope??

Not what you want but I would have a look for a old Bushnell 3200 fixed 10 mag .

Another smaller scope in 7-21 x40 in Bushnell 3200 range .

Thank you for all the suggestions.
    I've now had a chance to look them all up, and I can now see my wish list is rather demanding!
    I had a chat with my daughter and it turns out she really likes my Falcon M18 after using it yesterday at the club on my gun. The only problem is, the M18 on a Contour would be rather large. We are going to swap scopes in a few days and see how she feels. It may end up she just gets an M18 and get used to the size.

If it's for your daughter then she's the one who needs to compare what's out there, different ret's, different glass & everything else that goes with it.

Children tend to copy parents if they follow the same hobby, so as you obviously rave about Falcon she's likely to follow suit without looking further & if she doesn't try others how does she know what suits her eyes best.

The nearest ret i know of is the M-RAD reticle on vortex viper scopes but you will be looking at £450 second hand , falcon have stopped making the M18 in sfp about 3 months ago so you may be pushed to find one

OK guys, I hear what you all say, but I'm now looking for a :-

Falcon Optics M18+ 4-18x44 FFP Rifle Scope - B20 Mil Line new or SH if anybody knows where I can find one?

We've fitted mine onto her gun and she has had a good play with it and she likes it very much, much more than her standard mil dot scope.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 25-06-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling as always :(