Thread: HW99s strip HELP

HW99s strip HELP

Hi,

I have just started to open up my brand new HW99s as after shooting 20-30 shots in a session, the cocking stroke becomes very graunchy.

No problem, I know removing the spring under the delrin strip and deburring will sort it, and I've had no issues with stripping rifles before.

Except I cannot for the life of me undo the nut that holds the barrel on, on the right hand side of the action. Strip down vids show barely a twiddle and off it comes. But despite using a very wide, flat screwdriver and every ounce of strength (I'm no hulk but no lightweight either!) I possess the effing thing won't budge at all.

What am I missing?! How in the effity-eff-eff do I undo it?! Argh!

Thanks

Have the barrel open first ,they can be tight in which case use a ratchet & bit adapter

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Also make sure you are undoing the nut, not the bolt!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

A lot of downward pressure on the wide blade screwdriver and then an adjustable spanner on the flat part of the screwdriver and use the spanner to unscrew.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Thanks all - I have just managed to get the nut off with the barrel open and using an adjustable spanner...it's now chewed a bit so will have to order another one of those. It put up one hell of a fight.

Anyhow, I now have another problem in that the pin that retains the delrin insert is completely stuck 4/5 of the way out. I can't even knock it back in from the other side. I had to really smack the punch to even get it to budge. Any suggestions on how to remove it so I can get the spring underneath out?

Never had problems like this with HW's before...is every new gun as ludicrously tight as this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks all - I have just managed to get the nut off with the barrel open and using an adjustable spanner...it's now chewed a bit so will have to order another one of those. It put up one hell of a fight.

Anyhow, I now have another problem in that the pin that retains the delrin insert is completely stuck 4/5 of the way out. I can't even knock it back in from the other side. I had to really smack the punch to even get it to budge. Any suggestions on how to remove it so I can get the spring underneath out?

Never had problems like this with HW's before...is every new gun as ludicrously tight as this?!

When I stripped my 99s I had issues undoing the same bolt for the barrel but I haven’t had an issue with the derilin strip or the gauling issue.