Thread: BSA Cadet Major .177

BSA Cadet Major .177

Bought a BSA cadet major for £45 (55 inc shipping) from freeads and it arrive today. Serial number CA51926.

Lovely little rifle, bit of bluing missing on barrel and the rear sight blade is shot (bought a replacement since my BSA standard ones are too long for the sight base).

It shoots but I think it could do with a service, new piston seal maybe, or even spring. Seems to be low power (I dont have a chronograph) and very easy to cock.

I know the CA cadets majors were made between 1949-1955 according to knibbs so with the serial number being the the 50 thousands, My guess wold be around 1950/1951 ish?

Probably the best 55 quid I have spent

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Bought a BSA cadet major for £45 (55 inc shipping) from freeads and it arrive today. Serial number CA51926.

Lovely little rifle, bit of bluing missing on barrel and the rear sight blade is shot (bought a replacement since my BSA standard ones are too long for the sight base).

It shoots but I think it could do with a service, new piston seal maybe, or even spring. Seems to be low power (I dont have a chronograph) and very easy to cock.

I know the CA cadets majors were made between 1949-1955 according to knibbs so with the serial number being the the 50 thousands, My guess wold be around 1950/1951 ish?

Probably the best 55 quid I have spent
    Yes along with the Cadet these are realy good rifles and will last for a very long time to come. and well worth the money.