Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fwb c60 junior to PCP?

Fwb c60 junior to PCP?

Looking at this rifle, believe it is a co2 gun in stock form, can it be converted to run HPA?

Also how difficult is it to fit a scope and what pitfalls are there?

A few - conversion would need to be done by a skilled engineer so that performance was consistent across the sweet spot on the fill. As the loading mechanism lifts back and up towards the shooter fitting a scope will be very difficult.
    It's crossed my mind to have this done a few times, but there are a big variety of pcp rifles out there already that will do a better job for what ever purpose you would use it for.

More for a mate rather than me.... He doesn't have a huge budget and there is potentially one available relatively cheap. Would the cost to convert negate any potential good deal?
    How expensive are they to run on co2? And could a scope with high mounts be used or still a no go?

I have one that was converted to PCP many years ago it is a fairly simple conversion from memory,but long enough ago that I don't recall the details.Others on the forum I believe have had the same conversion done and may be of more help to you.

Scope mounting pics here from google,

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=FW...w=1093&bih=516
    Last edited by mrto; 25-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.

So any ballpark ideas of how much a conversion would cost?

In the region of 200 pounds I think.

If he wants 12ft lbs - then have it converted, but by a expert in the field - Tench, Harris to name but two, or you run the risk of ruining the rifle.

Whats the intended use?? - If it's 10m or bell target leave it as CO2 as it's easy to use and CO2 bottles are cheap to buy.
    If you look at my album, you can see how high the loading section is.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsku3nf9w

My C60 was converted for me by Shaun of ISP-Spartan undoubtedly one of the best there is!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Whats the intended use?? - If it's 10m or bell target leave it as CO2 as it's easy to use and CO2 bottles are cheap to buy.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsku3nf9w
    What bottles are they please and how much? It's for paper targets at indoor range, so with a scope it may still be workable even on co2.
    What kind of shot count and power are these?

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    Looking at this rifle, believe it is a co2 gun in stock form, can it be converted to run HPA?

Also how difficult is it to fit a scope and what pitfalls are there?
    HPA is much higher pressure than CO2. There have been accidents with people trying DIY conversions. I'd suggest leaving it alone and if you want air then buy one.

I'm not suggesting I would even attempt it myself, I lack the skills, knowledge and tooling to achieve it. If it was to be done it would be via a gunsmith or suitable engineer

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    I'm not suggesting I would even attempt it myself, I lack the skills, knowledge and tooling to achieve it. If it was to be done it would be via a gunsmith or suitable engineer
    No I wasn't suggesting you would. But I'd say that items that are designed with a working pressure about 1/5th of the working pressure of HPA are going to need some considerable reworking to be safe... and I'm not sure £200 is going to cover much of an engineer's time before even the machining work is factored in

Ah, apologies, I misunderstood your point

c60

I have converted a few of these rifles to run on air. to keep them consistent over the charge a regulator is recommended. I use 28mm dia air tube with a quick fill and air pressure gauge

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    No I wasn't suggesting you would. But I'd say that items that are designed with a working pressure about 1/5th of the working pressure of HPA are going to need some considerable reworking to be safe... and I'm not sure £200 is going to cover much of an engineer's time before even the machining work is factored in
    if a regulator is fitted the working valve etc will be subject to the regulated air pressure so not a problem. but the air cylinder needs to be able to cope with the higher pressure from the air