Thread: webley stirrup pump

Thumbs down webley stirrup pump

hi all. i have a webley ultra glide pump which i am trying to use to recharge my bsa ultra. the problem i'm up against is when i push my quick fill adapter into the charging port it doesn't fill. it seems to build a vacuum up and wants to pull the pump handle back down before i get any air into the gun any ideas anyone? any help or advice much appreciated. thanks

Non return valve fitted back to front? (On intake side)
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Some probe fillers don't work on pumps because they need the initial blast of air you get from dive bottles to seal them.
    Master Debater

or faulty
    Cheers Lloyd

Webley Pump

Hi

I have one of these pumps, they are very troublesome, same happened to me i.e. feels like a vacuum when raising the handle. Luckily I live close to where they are assembled so had it repaired. Problem is an O ring jumping out the groove. Mine packed up 3 times in as many months so ended up getting a bottle. Still have the pump but don't use it

[thanx guys for your info o ring jumping out of groove sounds about right. i will try that. is stripping it down as easy as it looks or are there any problems i need to know about?

Service manual for this webley ultra glide pump

Hi all. I know this is a rather old post. BUT..
    does anyone know of a link for the service manual for this pump.
    I have to replace the seals / o-rings etc in mine and could do with dis-assembly drawings etc...

Many thanks.
    --
    S. Bluck.
    Vroom-Rattle-Bang-creak (Motorbikes, old landrovers, Shooting, and I'm getting OLD....)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwdot View Post
    Hi

I have one of these pumps, they are very troublesome, same happened to me i.e. feels like a vacuum when raising the handle. Luckily I live close to where they are assembled so had it repaired. Problem is an O ring jumping out the groove. Mine packed up 3 times in as many months so ended up getting a bottle. Still have the pump but don't use it
    yup, got this with one of mine. the o ring then doesn't clear the bleed hole into the next stage, so it just "air jams" up..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have a manual for a Webley Ultra Glide pump but remember that when I was looking for it, I contacted Webley and they told me they had never made an Ultra Glide nor sold one.

But I am happy to send you a pdf copy if you want. It may be your model ... ?

Just PM me your e mail.
    Cheers, Phil