Thread: Diana mod 10 cutaway

Diana mod 10 cutaway

This Diana mod 10 pistol 'schnittmodell' (cutaway) sold for 1,100 euros on eGun this morning. I think it was more a case of two bidders really wanting it rather than the market value for a cutaway Diana, but I suppose there are collectors who focus on cutaways that are ready to pay high prices.

Anyway, what's really interesting about this pistol to me, apart from the fact someone pinched the front seal, is that it shows the Diana mod 10 made use of the space under the grips to house a lot of the trigger mechanism, something I was completely unaware of. Perhaps this innovation contributed to the mod 10's very 'pointable' low profile.

I know a lot of the Feinwerkbau 90 electronic trigger was concealed under the grips. Are there are any other spring pistols that did the same?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I don't like assembling these triggers, never understood why they did not use the Model 6 trigger which works perfectly and is a piece of cake to assemble.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 25-06-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    This Diana mod 10 pistol 'schnittmodell' (cutaway) sold for 1,100 euros on eGun this morning. I think it was more a case of two bidders really wanting it rather than the market value for a cutaway Diana, but I suppose there are collectors who focus on cutaways that are ready to pay high prices.
    Must also be from the Rastatt Diana factory showroom, looks like the same quality of machining as the Mod 6 cutaway I bought from egun too. Glad I got it for a reasonable price!

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Must also be from the Rastatt Diana factory showroom, looks like the same quality of machining as the Mod 6 cutaway I bought from egun too. Glad I got it for a reasonable price!

Matt.
    Another one here, Matt. Not as clean as yours.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.