Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    When I have your full name you automatically become a member of Quigley Hollow Airgun Club the following year which is registered, insured and affiliated to the NSRA.

Quigley Hollow is only open for Boinger Bashes and other Forum's meetings though, which is normally four to six weekends per year.

)
    Yep, our lovely Uncle Mick did all of this for us a few years ago, hence the "Quigley Hollow Airgun Club" hoodies that one or two of us have.

As well as the insurance advantages, one of the other reasons Mick did this for us is so that, for anyone not belonging to other clubs, if that dreaded dark day of airgun licensing were ever to burden us and club membership was one of the main legitimate reasons to own an airgun, we're catered for.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Thank you T 20,

So next year Alisha and I will automatically be members

Awesome.

Webley Tracker, that sounds like a plan, my be there will be one at the Sep Bash ??
    Did you buy anything today?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    FINALLY.... I will get to the farm tomorrow, it's beens aaaaaaggggges, can't wait
    Marvellous!

I think I can detect a little "moist moment" on your behalf, Dave.

Enjoy matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Had a lovely afternoon on the range today

It was rather sunny and bright, and we had the spinning targets out with a bell target in the sand trap at 50M https://i.imgur.com/4oe7F5O.jpg?2

The little HW30S came out for a Boing https://i.imgur.com/F3Fn91S.jpg while the longer range targets took hits from my .177 HW99

All in all, a very pleasant few hours spent lobbing a couple of hundred pellets down range, with plenty of Boinging and plinking going on

The other two lads used PCP's, and both agreed that they really ought to buy themselves a decent Boinger or two, and save a bit of energy and faff with all that lugging air bottles about malarkey

BOING and up we go folks

Well done that man.

So, some excellent time boinging and chilling and hopefully a couple of recruits to The Righteous Cause of The Boing.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Did you buy anything today?

It's been an interesting couple of days in the hunt for a boing boing for Alisha.
    I doubt you want to hear every twist and turn, but basically, she couldn't cock anything she was given, until today that is.

She was shown a different way to hold a springer and what do you know, she cocked an HW97
    She even managed to almost cock my TX200

So that now opens up all the possibilities she dismissed before this evening

She had her eye on a nice HW95 until she just couldn't cock it, but now I think I'm going to be asked to take her back to the shop Monday for a second go !

We will be shooting in our local club tomorrow, Castleton FT Club, so I think I will take that opportunity to ask people if she can cock their guns. That will give her may options and some good advice as she goes.

I started a thread about bashed guns here today as well after trying to by another TX200 just for it's stock. Instead of buying the TX200 (cos it was bashed to buggery) I bought Alisha a Brattonsound gun cabinet in readiness for her FAC application (I already have mine bolted into place).

It's all good fun

Yep, I've seen the thread and commented thereon.

Mind numbing!

Regarding the springer cocking effort, once you've settled on a gun (and 95s are usually smooth and not too hard), you could always de-tune it slightly to reduce the cocking effort. Her strength, confidence and technique will all improve and then you could always increase the power later, if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I hope that doesn't mean I won't be having a play with it at the Bash.
    Les..
    The stumpy one is back, Les.

Someone with a very special personal connection borrowed it briefly.

Yep, I've seen the thread and commented thereon.

Mind numbing!

Regarding the springer cocking effort, once you've settled on a gun (and 95s are usually smooth and not too hard), you could always de-tune it slightly to reduce the cocking effort. Her strength, confidence and technique will all improve and then you could always increase the power later, if desired.
    That is a good plan Tony
    Back to the shop Monday

The stumpy one is back, Les.

Someone with a very special personal connection borrowed it briefly.
    That's great news Tony.
    I will see you both in September.
    Les
    Boing.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I understand the farm the Boing shoots on belongs to T20, and there is a club there.
    I was told that the club is the Boing Bash and it has a proper name, but what does it take to join that club?

I'd like to join as a full member rather than just go to each Boing as a nobody
    Both you and Alisha are members my friend. You’ve been and I just know you’ll be there again and again..... it’s the power and draw of The Hollow. It’s The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club. A bit like a really friendly Mafia.... you’re in
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Both you and Alisha are members my friend. You’ve been and I just know you’ll be there again and again..... it’s the power and draw of The Hollow. It’s The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club. A bit like a really friendly Mafia.... you’re in
    But we don't talk about it on an open forum kapish this thing of ours

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    But we don't talk about it on an open forum kapish this thing of ours
    PMSL 😂 how's it going bud? Are you going to be there for septembers bash?

Atvb

Chris x

@ sunbeam, if you want to try a feinwerkbau 300 i will bring mine in September you are both welcome to a shoot of it to see what you think of em. They aren't full power but they're very accurate I can cock mine with literally one finger and out to 30 yds they are supremely accurate

Chris x

48 to go, peeps.