Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hope you're okay, my cuddly 'ickle one.

Nearlier, nearly there now, matey.......23 to go.
    I’m doing ok Tone. PM’d you a couple of times over the past few days but you’re clogged up matey. Not long to go. I hope you’re managing to keep it all together ? I guess you just have to anyway ?

I’m probably gonna stick that HW90 on the Sales Table at The Bash as I’ve never bonded with it like my others.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Cheers, Pauly.

Sorry re inbox being full, will get onto it.

I haven't been very good at all matey, but I did start to feel from yesterday that I'm slowly getting there now. As many have said, time's the healer. Will elaborate a little more later.

Cheers, you're truly a good'un.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

22 to go, peeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’m doing ok Tone. PM’d you a couple of times over the past few days but you’re clogged up matey. Not long to go. I hope you’re managing to keep it all together ? I guess you just have to anyway ?

I’m probably gonna stick that HW90 on the Sales Table at The Bash as I’ve never bonded with it like my others.
    PM sent Pauly and a little space cleared for you matey.

Hope you is okay.

How was the little shin-dig at Jamie's? I hope those lovely doggies got loads of cuddles.

Cheers, Pauly.

Sorry re inbox being full, will get onto it.

I haven't been very good at all matey, but I did start to feel from yesterday that I'm slowly getting there now. As many have said, time's the healer. Will elaborate a little more later.

Cheers, you're truly a good'un.
    Time is a healer Tone and I do hope you feel better soon. A few years ago we lost one of out beloved cats whilst I was away at a bike rally. When Rachel phoned to let me know I had to retreat into my tent as I was so upset. I let the beer I had already drunk wear off and then rode the 130 miles home that night. I'm sitting here now with my 15 year old cat by my side whom I've had since he was six weeks old. I know he's in his later years and the inevitable is destined to happen at some point but i'm already dreading that day. We're all thinking of you mate at this sad time

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Time is a healer Tone and I do hope you feel better soon. A few years ago we lost one of out beloved cats whilst I was away at a bike rally. When Rachel phoned to let me know I had to retreat into my tent as I was so upset. I let the beer I had already drunk wear off and then rode the 130 miles home that night. I'm sitting here now with my 15 year old cat by my side whom I've had since he was six weeks old. I know he's in his later years and the inevitable is destined to happen at some point but i'm already dreading that day. We're all thinking of you mate at this sad time
    Thank you, Mike.

Amazing how much it hurts when our beloved furry friends pass. I knew it would, but nothing quite prepares you, does it?

Hope your lovely cat keeps cuddling you and purring away for many years to come.

One of our cats, Billy the top rat and mouse catcher (had a stoat once, too) has always liked his cuddles from me. And he's been ever so cuddly these last few days which has been a great comfort.

Over this last week or so I've been doing loads of walking, many of the walks replicating the longer walks we had when she was healthy. And it has hurt but also brought back some amazing memories. Things have started to slowly hurt a little less, mainly after Wednesday night. Had one of "our" favourite walks down the river and into the top corner of the local park. Later that night I was outside having a smoke and walking up and down the lawned areas on our street, replicating her more recent walks when we didn't go far. I stopped and was looking up at the stars. They were beautiful and seemed to be shining even more brightly. And it's almost like I could feel her saying, "Dad. It's okay. I know you won't ever forget me but I want you to try and move on now. Don't torture yourself. You were good to me and I know you loved me dearly, but it really is okay to let go now".

That helped.

Then on last night's and tonight's walk....well they didn't feel like the walks over the last week or so. Before it had felt like she was by my side. Now nothing. But I now feel that she'll be quite happy with me just having short walks close to home which is what we have had to do for the last four years.

The kind words from you lovely people has helped.

And my mum. Just a few words a few nights ago, "she was ill, now she can rest" really did help.

So, as many have said, and I knew inside, time is the healer. I do feel lots better now than just a few days ago. There are times when I go backwards and I'm sure there will be many more times. But I can now think back more easily to happier, healthier days, puppyhood, some of the naughtiness back then, going awol for two hours sometimes on her midnight walks, her getting screamed at at Clumber Park by a pissed off bloke as she'd just run up and speeded off with a chicken portion from his family's picnic, walks in the bitter winds and snow and ice......there's so much to think back to and so, so many happy memories and I enjoyed every second of the time I spent with her. A privilege and honour to have had such a wonderful and loyal companion.

PM sent Pauly and a little space cleared for you matey.

Hope you is okay.

How was the little shin-dig at Jamie's? I hope those lovely doggies got loads of cuddles.
    Jamie and Mels was a fabulous time mate. It’s all about the people.

Got your PM but your inbox is full again for a reply mate.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sorry re inbox, matey. I keep creatng space and then another nice person sends message.

Great to hear a good time was had at Jamie and Mel's. Yes, our Bash Folk are lovely, lovely peeps.
    Last edited by TonyL; 18-08-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Cool 3 weeks to go!

Yep, just 21 little sleepies to go until I can see all you lovely Boingerpeeps once again.

Let's have a BOING!

I'm gutted I missed it this time. I can't believe my back let me down big time after the ride down to Devon the previous week. I'm still pretty buggered now and have had the last couple of days off work. I feel my biking days are pretty numbered at the moment. Seriously keeping fingers crossed that i'll be ok for the bash in a few weeks time but cant drive very far at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm gutted I missed it this time. I can't believe my back let me down big time after the ride down to Devon the previous week. I'm still pretty buggered now and have had the last couple of days off work. I feel my biking days are pretty numbered at the moment. Seriously keeping fingers crossed that i'll be ok for the bash in a few weeks time but cant drive very far at the moment.
    I feel for you Mike. I really hope you can make The Bash mate. I’ve just applied for a letting on an apartment in Coleford so I may be moving around then or at least up to my ears getting settled in so I may only do one night at The Hollow.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Obviously you're moving there because of the great western railway museum?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Obviously you're moving there because of the great western railway museum?
    It’s just up the road Pete. Never been to it, probably never will

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    To be honest I had never heard of the place. So had a look on Google maps and the GWR museum jumps out at you. 😁😁
    Pete

We were at our club in Wales today, Tondu.

At lunch, we (Sunbeam and Miss Sunbeam) started talking about the Hollow and got the attention of a few air gun members (it was mostly an air day today, inc some spring!)

How would the Hollow feel if a small band of Tondu members were to come up for the Sep bash ?