Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I bought a new prosport on Wednesday and I can honestly say that she wont be able to cock it unfortunately. I also have a 95 and in comparison is much easier. If you have a look on youtube for prosport reviews you'll see what I mean straight away. On one review there's a fairly chunky guy using two hands to cock it. One option would be to get a 95 in .177 and insert a softer spring to reduce the power down to maybe 9.5 - 10 ft lbs and will be much easier to cock.
    You kept that one quiet, Mike.

Very well done, sir.

And you're right - many grown up blokes pick the awkward cocking out as a negative for this rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Very well done, sir.

And you're right - many grown up blokes pick the awkward cocking out as a negative for this rifle.
    That's funny
    I find my Prosport easier to cock than my TX.
    and i'm an OAP

That's nice, Gramps.

Just goes to show we're all different and different things suit different peeps etc etc......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Tony, I found a SH Feinwerbau 300S, quite a nice one I think.
    Are they easy to cock?
    full power??

I've found a brand new TX200 in a shop with a fantastic beach stock. Mine is perfectly nice, but the one I've seen is VERY nice for beach in my eyes!

If I bought it just for the stock, swapped the stock for my 2 month old stock in totally 100% unmarked as new condition, do you think I could sell the new TX straight out at a discount as new?

The action would be unshot, with all boxing and wrapping.

What sort of discount would I expect to have to put on it?

Thanks,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I've found a brand new TX200 in a shop with a fantastic beach stock. Mine is perfectly nice, but the one I've seen is VERY nice for beach in my eyes!

If I bought it just for the stock, swapped the stock for my 2 month old stock in totally 100% unmarked as new condition, do you think I could sell the new TX straight out at a discount as new?

The action would be unshot, with all boxing and wrapping.

What sort of discount would I expect to have to put on it?

Thanks,
    Rob.
    I'd have thought about £75 less than the new price?

I'll go to the shop tomorrow first thing with my TX and have a close compare.
    See how it goes
    There maybe a new TX up for grabs at well under RRP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Tony, I found a SH Feinwerbau 300S, quite a nice one I think.
    Are they easy to cock?
    full power??
    If it's a nice one and the right sort of money......buy it.

Beautiful, beautiful and superbly engineered rifles. All time classic.

Easy to cock.......yes.

Full power........no. They're a 6ft.lbs target rifle designed for target shooting at 6 yards / 10 metres. Although they are EXTREMELY accurate at longer ranges, too. Some may have violated them to get more power. Personally I think this is sacrilegious and these classic rifles should be left standard. There were stories years ago of hunting rabbits at ranges of up to 30 yards (I seem to remember).

Lots of info on the 'net if you have a scout around.

Weight is not an issue Tony, It will only ever be shot off the bench rested on her PINK bean bag She shoots a full size scopped .22 Rim fire off the bench at Tondu, that beast is heavy as hell, she is very good with it. Huge gun, very small person, looks comical, but I'd not like to shoot for points against her

It's all about cocking effort.

To be honest, she was a little on edge shooting the HW30 as it wasn't her gun and she was a bit sheepish when using it. There may be an HW30 in Keens??

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Very well done, sir.

Cheers Tone, it was a bit spur of the moment to be honest. I have a TX200 in .177 and one in .22. My mate Terry who came to the last bash was looking for a TX200 in .177 but didn't want to mess around stripping a new one to change guides etc so bought mine from me as it already shoots pretty nice and has the Delrin guides inside. Also having not fired an air rifle for years, he managed to hit the bucket several times over with my TX at the bash so it pretty much sold itself!!!!