Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
Afternoon, just catching up on the last couple of days Boinging

I find that pellets drop quite a way into the breech of my .22 Mk1 Vulcan

Unfortunately I haven't got any old Wasp / Pylarms, or 5.6mm pellets to try in it.

Thinking back to my early days of Boinging when I had a Mk3 Wobbly Hawk, the only pellets that were a reasonable fit in the breech were H&N Pointed that needed a gentle push, and RWS Squirrel brand; remember them in a green tin?
Like Hobbys, but a bit heavier.

Most of the various English pellets all dropped loosely into the breech, with Marksman probably being the least consistent

BOING
Ah, yes, at last.......a chap who remembers / has used the good old RWS Diablo. I've mentioned them many a time on here and had very few responses. Lovely pellets. The very first German pellets, with the Hobbies, that I bought to use in my very first HW35. I was 14 or 15 at the time and had to go on the train to Sheffield and buy them from Guns and Ammo there. Dropped my very first crow with the old "squirrel" wadcutter. This was well before the Superdome became available, as you'll know. And, yep, tried the H&N Pointed too a little later.

Those Marksmans are particularly shoddy, though, and very inconsistent in size. Think I might not use 'em anymore. I forgot to bring them to the last Bash for peeps to have a giggle at; I'll bring them along next time.