A bit knackered today.......

After walk number SEVEN last night and a very stressed doggy, finally got to bed around 1.30am.

Up before seven and......my poor little pooch had pissed all over in her room. Walked her, cleaned her room out and gave her her brekkie. By 10.30 she had had another three walks and I hate taking her out in this heat, but she was getting ever so stressed. After returning from town, another two little walks with the wobbly dog. She then settled around 1.30. Still asleep now...guess I'll be paying for it again this evening.....

Took advantage of doggy slumber and thought I'd get the Ratty pistol out. Should I use the horrible looking Marksmans I commented on the other week? Thought I might as well........

Well, a few weeks ago I had flipped the rear sight blade over into peep sight mode. But the hole is really designed for if you fit the shoulder stock and too small for pistol eye relief. Tried it like this to start with and those pesky, manky looking pellets weren't too bad at this close range (six yards). I later flipped the sight over again. Better with the notch. Most groups under an inch and one really, really sweet one, with all the Mankies landing in a 15mm circle. And all this despite the less than perfect trigger and reaction from the hammer. One day, one day, I might just do some cheap mods to the trigger, reduce the hammer spring and weight and see how much better it gets. I really don't want to fall into the trap of lobbing cash at aftermarket goodies. Not that the gun wouldn't be substantially improved; it probably would be. But it kinda moves it away from the cheap and cheerful plinker ethos, methinks.

Anyways, enough of this silly CO2 business, next time will be Boinger time again.