Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I understand the farm the Boing shoots on belongs to T20, and there is a club there.
    I was told that the club is the Boing Bash and it has a proper name, but what does it take to join that club?

I'd like to join as a full member rather than just go to each Boing as a nobody
    Both you and Alisha are members my friend. You’ve been and I just know you’ll be there again and again..... it’s the power and draw of The Hollow. It’s The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club. A bit like a really friendly Mafia.... you’re in
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Both you and Alisha are members my friend. You’ve been and I just know you’ll be there again and again..... it’s the power and draw of The Hollow. It’s The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club. A bit like a really friendly Mafia.... you’re in
    But we don't talk about it on an open forum kapish this thing of ours

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    But we don't talk about it on an open forum kapish this thing of ours
    PMSL 😂 how's it going bud? Are you going to be there for septembers bash?

Atvb

Chris x

@ sunbeam, if you want to try a feinwerkbau 300 i will bring mine in September you are both welcome to a shoot of it to see what you think of em. They aren't full power but they're very accurate I can cock mine with literally one finger and out to 30 yds they are supremely accurate

Chris x

48 to go, peeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    PMSL 😂 how's it going bud? Are you going to be there for septembers bash?

Atvb

Chris x
    Gonna try me best Chris but work always gets mental in August and September so fingers crossed and I'm bonza if a bit more suntanned can't believe it's Britain at the mo how's you ,and the new wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Gonna try me best Chris but work always gets mental in August and September so fingers crossed and I'm bonza if a bit more suntanned can't believe it's Britain at the mo how's you ,and the new wheels?
    I'm great matey, looking forward to the bash. The car is keeping me smiling, first motor I've had with working a/c in about a decade it's come in handy just recently hope you make it to the bash mate would be great to see you again bud. Keep enjoying the sunshine

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    A friendly mafia is a superb way to describe it mate. It still amazes me having joined the forum a year ago by chance I have now met some of the best friends a man could ask for. Yesterday I rode down to Devon on the Africa Twin for a few days and if all goes to plan will have a nice catch up with Jamie and Mel later in the week

Nearly time for some 10M air pistol Blatting and practice down the club

BOING and BLATT and up we go on a sunny Sunday morning
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Nearly time for some 10M air pistol Blatting and practice down the club

BOING and BLATT and up we go on a sunny Sunday morning
    Lucky fella; have fun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

We've both just got back from Castleton FT Club.

It was said there, old guns are the way to go as the metal, blueing etc are better on old guns.
    Is that really the case though?

My TX is 10 weeks old, The main spring was rubbish as it lost 1fp and started to bend up after the first 500 shots. BUT, I fitted the Vortek kit in it anyway (always was going to) and now shes loooovley

Alisha has her eye on an HW97 .177 long with the blue lam stock. I know the HW's need stripping, cleaning, setting and re-lubeing from new and we are going to V-mak or Vortek it anyway and a trigger. After all that work, would it be so bad as a new gun?

Do we need to wait and get prepared to be buried in offers of used guns at the bash?

So old or new ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    We've both just got back from Castleton FT Club.

It was said there, old guns are the way to go as the metal, blueing etc are better on old guns.
    Is that really the case though?

My TX is 10 weeks old, The main spring was rubbish as it lost 1fp and started to bend up after the first 500 shots. BUT, I fitted the Vortek kit in it anyway (always was going to) and now shes loooovley

Alisha has her eye on an HW97 .177 long with the blue lam stock. I know the HW's need stripping, cleaning, setting and re-lubeing from new and we are going to V-mak or Vortek it anyway and a trigger. After all that work, would it be so bad as a new gun?

Do we need to wait and get prepared to be buried in offers of used guns at the bash?

So old or new ?
    I think to be honest the new Weihrauchs are no worse than the old Weihrauchs and this goes for the other makers too. I have new versions of 98, 77, 95 and a couple of 1980’s Hw35’s. I think everything needs fettling to a degree and you should really go with your instincts. The only slight problem I’ve had in recent times was the difficulty in undoing on of the Weihrauchs rear cylinder block but other than that all good

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    If you try a 2nd hand gun at the bash you know what you are getting. You are prepared to do a lot of things to a new gun which would invalidate the warranty therefore removing a major advantage of a new gun
    Pete

Can anybody tell me what flavour this Blue Lam HW97 is? It has chequering on it that don't seem to be on the 'normal' Blue Lam HW97.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/40691493810

Normal one
    https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...-blue-laminate