Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

Tony L

Clear you inbox matey
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Clear you inbox matey
    My box is always clear for you, LittlePauly!

Space now, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    My box is always clear for you, LittlePauly!

Space now, matey.
    Sent now mate and you can ignore the text I sent to your mobile
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

No worries my lovely little friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Sleepy-o-meter says....

47 to go, fine peeps of Quigley Hollow.

BOING!

Lucky fella; have fun.
    I did sir, I Blatted for a couple of hours and wasted lots of RWS Meisterkugeln pellets

Just looked at my supplies, and I have 26500 in stock, plus an opened tin in my Steyr case

47 to go, fine peeps of Quigley Hollow.

BOING!
    Oh yes, indeedy mate, The countdown is underway, and I'm also looking forward to a couple of weeks off in August when I'll be BOINGING down the club with my selection of HW rifles and pistols

Up we go on a sunny Monday morning folks, have a great week everyone.

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Can anybody tell me what flavour this Blue Lam HW97 is? It has chequering on it that don't seem to be on the 'normal' Blue Lam HW97.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/40691493810

Normal one
    https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...-blue-laminate
    Interesting that is mate

I've had a mooch round on the internet, and had a look a various websites, and on the Weihrauch website they currently show these two versions...… https://imgur.com/a/eAy5RIr

The top one on your OP with the chequering, IMO, does look better than the 'plain' laminate stock, but where it came from I just don't know

If you mange to find out, please let us all know

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Lunchtime elevation for the Boingerati mafia

BOING and up we go folks
    ATB, Paul

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    The mafia does not exist...... So they say
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Interesting that is mate

I've had a mooch round on the internet, and had a look a various websites, and on the Weihrauch website they currently show these two versions...… https://imgur.com/a/eAy5RIr

The top one on your OP with the chequering, IMO, does look better than the 'plain' laminate stock, but where it came from I just don't know

If you mange to find out, please let us all know

BOING
    Looks like the rifle belongs to john baz who is a member on here, perhaps send him a pm and ask about the stock hth chris

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I did sir, I Blatted for a couple of hours and wasted lots of RWS Meisterkugeln pellets

Just looked at my supplies, and I have 26500 in stock, plus an opened tin in my Steyr case

Oh yes, indeedy mate, The countdown is underway, and I'm also looking forward to a couple of weeks off in August when I'll be BOINGING down the club with my selection of HW rifles and pistols

Up we go on a sunny Monday morning folks, have a great week everyone.

BOING
    Launching pellets down range is never a waste, matey. Good, clean fun, more like.

26500 in stock?

Next month sounds like it will bring lots of Boingery fun too, matey, and then our next little gathering will nigh on be upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Looks like the rifle belongs to john baz who is a member on here, perhaps send him a pm and ask about the stock hth chris
    And a fellow Bash attendee.

He might even bring it along in just under seven weeks' time?

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    That's great news Tony.
    I will see you both in September.
    Les
    Boing.
    And I'll get the little Simmons nailed back on tomorrow if I get a few minutes.

And get the zero checked, too, if I get just a little more time........

Alisha bought her FIRST springer today

We decided to try Sportsman Exeter, Heavitree Gun & sport and Blue Fox today.

We started with Sportsman, what a disaster that was! On their website they say they have a blue lam HW97 .177 "hurry last one" Nope, not there !!!! I expressed my unhappiness as that was the main reason to go there and moved onto looking at their range of HW's. I asked if Alisha could try to cock any HW95 they had on display and if she could, I'd like to see all their HW95 stock (4 guns). So with that request, the man went off to the store room and brought out one gun? He started to unbox it, I said there was no need to unwrap it, one from the shelf would be OK to try and cock! He gave some rubbish about that was not what I'd asked, but then went to the rack. Alisha confirmed to me after that my request was perfectly clear, and the guy was just not listening!

Anyway, can't remember detail now, but a gun was cocked. The guy went to dry fire it into the carpet, I said please don't do that, it's not good for the gun and it can be de-cocked via the trigger! He said it couldn't as the barrel would return to strongly to hold by hand I told him I'd been shooting spring guns for 30 odd years and it CAN be de-cocked! He then shouted across the shop floor he was going to fire, stuck the barrel of this new gun into the carpet and dry fired it

Alisha was handed the gun back, I said to her, "you know we are now not buying that gun", twice. The guy said "is there a problem?" I said "yes, because you just dry fired it! Every gun she cocks to find one she can, you will then dry fire it, so we do have a problem!" I pondered the situation for a moment, telepathically consulted Alisha and told the guy, "thanks, but no thanks, we'll go elsewhere". and left!

Angry bear suggested Heavitree Gun & sport as it was also on the way to Blue Fox. I rang them first and asked two questions, How many springers do you have in stock? and how do YOU de-cock them? They replied, with a pellet in the barrel out the back of the shop. That was good enough for me and we were in there within 5 minutes.

They had a nice selection of mainly HW's to try, They all got de-cocked via trigger and arm easily, What a surprise He even gave each gun a little spray of oil and a wipe after we had handled them before putting back on the rack On the rack, they had what looked like a HW95 Luxus in .177 long barrel with out open sights but with a barrel weight. We'd never seen this flavour of WH before on the net. It had a totally undamaged stock, some nice grain and wonderful metal work. She was able to cock it, so we bought it She then went on to buy a nice bag and the shop gave her a tin of pellets of her choice (she went for JSB Exact Diablo 4.52 )

The gun is REALLY nice, even I say that and I'm not really a 'Weihrauch man'. Heavitree Gun & sport were really helpful and gave Alisha all the time she needed to chose her gun and didn't hesitate in offering her a wide selection of guns to try. I told the shop they had been recommended to us from BBS member Angrybear and I'd report back to the forum.

Alisha is over the moon with her new Boing Boing and is now climbing the walls counting down the days to the Sep Bash !

A big thank you to Angrybear and Heavitree Gun & sport, a huge 'never use you again' to Sportsman (any Sportsman)!

Cool Congratulations!

To our fully fledged Little Sister of The Hollow!

Excellent choice, young lady......you're going to love it!

And although better with a fettle, many of the new HWs I've tried in recent times exhibited a most refined firing cycle out of the box.

And what a stark demonstration of the differences between two shops in terms of understanding, listening to the customer and the standard of care for their stock.

BOING!