Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Both you and Alisha are members my friend. You’ve been and I just know you’ll be there again and again..... it’s the power and draw of The Hollow. It’s The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club. A bit like a really friendly Mafia.... you’re in
    A friendly mafia is a superb way to describe it mate. It still amazes me having joined the forum a year ago by chance I have now met some of the best friends a man could ask for. Yesterday I rode down to Devon on the Africa Twin for a few days and if all goes to plan will have a nice catch up with Jamie and Mel later in the week

Nearly time for some 10M air pistol Blatting and practice down the club

BOING and BLATT and up we go on a sunny Sunday morning
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    A friendly mafia is a superb way to describe it mate. It still amazes me having joined the forum a year ago by chance I have now met some of the best friends a man could ask for. Yesterday I rode down to Devon on the Africa Twin for a few days and if all goes to plan will have a nice catch up with Jamie and Mel later in the week
    So true chaps.

And there have been so many strong friendships, friendships for life so strongly forged at our beloved Hollow.

Have a great time in Devon, Mike, and give Jamie and The Girls a big hug from me.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Nearly time for some 10M air pistol Blatting and practice down the club

BOING and BLATT and up we go on a sunny Sunday morning
    Lucky fella; have fun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

We've both just got back from Castleton FT Club.

It was said there, old guns are the way to go as the metal, blueing etc are better on old guns.
    Is that really the case though?

My TX is 10 weeks old, The main spring was rubbish as it lost 1fp and started to bend up after the first 500 shots. BUT, I fitted the Vortek kit in it anyway (always was going to) and now shes loooovley

Alisha has her eye on an HW97 .177 long with the blue lam stock. I know the HW's need stripping, cleaning, setting and re-lubeing from new and we are going to V-mak or Vortek it anyway and a trigger. After all that work, would it be so bad as a new gun?

Do we need to wait and get prepared to be buried in offers of used guns at the bash?

So old or new ?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So true chaps.

And there have been so many strong friendships, friendships for life so strongly forged at our beloved Hollow.

Have a great time in Devon, Mike, and give Jamie and The Girls a big hug from me.
    I certainly will Tone. No problemo

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post

It was said there, old guns are the way to go as the metal, blueing etc are better on old guns.

My TX is 10 weeks old, The main spring was rubbish as it lost 1fp and started to bend up after the first 500 shots. BUT, I fitted the Vortek kit in it anyway (always was going to) and now shes loooovley

Alisha has her eye on an HW97 .177 long with the blue lam stock. I know the HW's need stripping, cleaning, setting and re-lubeing from new and we are going to V-mak or Vortek it anyway and a trigger. After all that work, would it be so bad as a new gun?

Do we need to wait and get prepared to be buried in offers of used guns at the bash?

So old or new ?
    I think to be honest the new Weihrauchs are no worse than the old Weihrauchs and this goes for the other makers too. I have new versions of 98, 77, 95 and a couple of 1980’s Hw35’s. I think everything needs fettling to a degree and you should really go with your instincts. The only slight problem I’ve had in recent times was the difficulty in undoing on of the Weihrauchs rear cylinder block but other than that all good

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    If you try a 2nd hand gun at the bash you know what you are getting. You are prepared to do a lot of things to a new gun which would invalidate the warranty therefore removing a major advantage of a new gun
    Pete

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm

So old or new ?

I'd rather get old/used: there is always the "it's new, can't touch it" thought with a new gun unless you've decided to bin the warranty from day 1, but most buyers will want the knowledge they can take it back. It's only die-hard springer nuts who view a new gun as a starting point.

Just spent 2 weeks building "Frankengun": started life as an early HW77K 0.177 with 25mm internals. Got it as an action only for the internals, which went into my '97 FT. Current internals are 26mm short stroked and glided. Now has a Venom slimtech silencer and underlever catch, the rear block is from another gun still and i have reworked the trigger with a modified TX200 Sunbeam ( ) blade and associated mods. sitting in a Lukas Parsley stock now, currently drying from it's second coat of oil. accuracy testing next, then stripdown for polish and off to Paul Chell to be refinished.

775fps with JSB 8.4s and a nice gentle nudge on release. None of the above comes new with warranty - and new would not be as much fun putting it all together!

Jerry

Can anybody tell me what flavour this Blue Lam HW97 is? It has chequering on it that don't seem to be on the 'normal' Blue Lam HW97.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/40691493810

Normal one
    https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...-blue-laminate

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I'd rather get old/used: there is always the "it's new, can't touch it" thought with a new gun unless you've decided to bin the warranty from day 1, but most buyers will want the knowledge they can take it back. It's only die-hard springer nuts who view a new gun as a starting point.

Just spent 2 weeks building "Frankengun": started life as an early HW77K 0.177 with 25mm internals. Got it as an action only for the internals, which went into my '97 FT. Current internals are 26mm short stroked and glided. Now has a Venom slimtech silencer and underlever catch, the rear block is from another gun still and i have reworked the trigger with a modified TX200 Sunbeam ( ) blade and associated mods. sitting in a Lukas Parsley stock now, currently drying from it's second coat of oil. accuracy testing next, then stripdown for polish and off to Paul Chell to be refinished.

775fps with JSB 8.4s and a nice gentle nudge on release. None of the above comes new with warranty - and new would not be as much fun putting it all together!

I definitely take new as a starting point. Otherwise you'd have to shoot it as a bag of crap for 365 days, not going to happen

I definitely take new as a starting point. Otherwise you'd have to shoot it as a bag of crap for 365 days, not going to happen
    Absolutely. My six week old TX200 was in bits in less than an hour from collecting it from the dealer. At the end of the day where most springers are involved there's hardly anything to really go wrong with them. I do prefer new as you know the history of it from day one and all of mine ive bought as keepers so depreciations not an issue. I do however have a few superb used "older" rifles and a nice 95 that I bought from bad Daz at the last bash

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So true chaps.

Tony, there's always space here for you! 9th of next month. 👍

Alisha has her eye on an HW97 .177 long with the blue lam stock. I know the HW's need stripping, cleaning, setting and re-lubeing from new and we are going to V-mak or Vortek it anyway and a trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    ........and you should really go with your instincts.
    I definitely take new as a starting point. :
    If budget isn't an issue, I'd also go new everytime.....known history etc and, as Mike says, follow your and the little lady's instincts

The only slight proviso may be that the earlier 25mm guns shoot that little bit sweeter, but the later 26mm ones are fine anyway, especially once fettled. And you might be able to source a 25mm comp tube and piston further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Tony, there's always space here for you! 9th of next month. 👍
    Thank you, Jamie.

I would absolutely love to, and I will, one day. But I have a little time booked off from this Thursday onwards, but back at work on the 6th.

Hope you have a most lovely time.