Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Slipped down the page a bit I see

Up we go folks with an evening Boing

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Quick tea break BOING and up we go

Having a busy day today, so not much time for Boinging

BOING
    Slipped down the page a bit I see

Up we go folks with an evening Boing

BOING
    And thank you once again for the BOINGS, Paul.

A bit silly busy at work, too. With month end upon us, and it being the end of Quarter 2 also (the biggest selling period) and with The Sun proudly boasting his hat, it's mental! A few more bikes to get out tomorrow and Saturday and hopefully get a restful Sunday. It's MotoGP from Assen this weekend and we'll see of we can squeeze a quick Boing in there.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And thank you once again for the BOINGS, Paul.

A bit silly busy at work, too. With month end upon us, and it being the end of Quarter 2 also (the biggest selling period) and with The Sun proudly boasting his hat, it's mental! A few more bikes to get out tomorrow and Saturday and hopefully get a restful Sunday. It's MotoGP from Assen this weekend and we'll see of we can squeeze a quick Boing in there.

I've just had a great bit of HW35 boingery action in the back garden. Just discovered that it likes RWS Superdomes for some reason.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I've just had a great bit of HW35 boingery action in the back garden. Just discovered that it likes RWS Superdomes for some reason.
    I always find S/Domes to be very accurate over shorter distances in most guns Mike. It wasn’t until I joined my Range that I found the groups opened out over the longer distances, I.e 35 - 60yds. H&N FTT’s are my preffered pellet in most of mine.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 28-06-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I would like a HW35E in my collection, it's one of those classic rifles that every Boinger Man should own

I remember looking at the Optima adverts in AGW years ago and how my mates and I would absorb every detail and about the guns and 'scopes. I don't recall any one of us ever owning a HW35E, although one chap did get his mitts on a Norman May .177 Vixen

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

I would like a HW35E in my collection, it's one of those classic rifles that every Boinger Man should own

I remember looking at the Optima adverts in AGW years ago and how my mates and I would absorb every detail and about the guns and 'scopes. I don't recall any one of us ever owning a HW35E, although one chap did get his mitts on a Norman May .177 Vixen
    Yes, Paul.

With the introduction of AGW, the HW35E suddenly became the gun to have, with it's Walnut stock, manual barrel latch and Rekord trigger unit it showed how well an airgun could be built.
    English manufacturers had nothing to compete with it at the time and this triggered springer developement from all manufacturers.

I firmly believe the 35E was the catalyst that caused every manufacturer to up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Yes, Paul.

With the introduction of AGW, the HW35E suddenly became the gun to have, with it's Walnut stock, manual barrel latch and Rekord trigger unit it showed how well an airgun could be built.
    English manufacturers had nothing to compete with it at the time and this triggered springer developement from all manufacturers.

I firmly believe the 35E was the catalyst that caused every manufacturer to up their game.
    Indeed Mick, at the time I owned a .177 Wobbly Hawk Mk3, which was fine for plinking but just couldn't compare to an HW, especially with the Webley single stage trigger. In my opinion my .22 Mk3 underlever was a better gun than the Hawk, feeling more solid, and for me, preferable to use over a .22 Airsporter that I owned at the time.

The Originals at the time had decent triggers, and I remember some of the chaps using 35S's and 50's for 6yd target shooting.

Of course, at the time, us youngsters found that HW's and FWB's were outside of our affordability limits, being still at school and earning £3.50 a week on my paper round

We used to visit Jim Johnsons at Norbury or Gentrys at Welling for a look at these fangled exotic German guns, and then we would wander off home with some sticky day-glo targets

Ah yes, the good ol' days mate

Up we go with a lunchtime boing.....

BOING
    Last edited by Paul SE; 29-06-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    ATB, Paul

HW30S and Sabre 4x32 'scope

This morning a had a plink with my HW30S and zeroed the Sabre 4x32 'scope that arrived from JSR earlier this week.
    Lots in the box https://i.imgur.com/suTbCRY.jpg including the large blue cloth the contents are laying on.

The mildot reticle consists of crosshairs with 4 equally spaced dots above, below and to the left and right of the centre cross; nice, clear and easy to use.

I'm pleased to report that the 'scope focused down to 25' in my loft range, and will actually focus down to a shorter distance, and it is marked down to 5M. https://i.imgur.com/5AqvXKR.jpg

Absolutely fantastic for this little gun, - makes close range shooting simple and easy if your eyesight and sight picture isn't that good using open sights https://i.imgur.com/or3c259.jpg

The turrets are easily finger adjustable and click firmly with each turn. https://i.imgur.com/LaJEupC.jpg

I also shot some pellets over the chrono and the rifle is shooting RWS Hobby at an average of 670fps over 10 shots.
    No twang, just a quick nudge and a thock, and the pellet is on the way

I've found myself just resting the fore end of the stock on my open palm when shooting, as the rifle has minimal recoil and sight picture disturbance. It's a lovely little combo, and I can recommend the Sabre 4x32 for close to medium range shooting, especially so with the PX adjustment focusing down so close.

BOING up for the HW30 fanclub

BOING
    Last edited by Paul SE; 29-06-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    ATB, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Yes, Paul.

Hear, hear.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

BOING
    Mines a 35E from 1983 with 3-9 x 40 Optima scope. Sold by Jamie (moletrapper) to Nick (Tinbum) and then to me within the space of about 5 mins at the Halloween boinger bash last year. Cracking rifle

Mines a 35E from 1983 with 3-9 x 40 Optima scope. Sold by Jamie (moletrapper) to Nick (Tinbum) and then to me within the space of about 5 mins at the Halloween boinger bash last year. Cracking rifle
    That Tinbum is a proper tart, Mike.

70 to go, peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That Tinbum is a proper tart, Mike.
    A genuine hater of the Marmite gun

That sounds like exactly the sort of gun I need to have Mike

I'll have to keep my eyes open

BOING
    ATB, Paul