Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oops!

Plenty of preload there then, Mike.

Bet it's perceivably nicer to shoot with just that lighter top hat in now, though.
    It certainly is nicer to shoot now although a slight twang still. A bit more fettling required I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Evening gentleman. I have to confess to a fundamental rookie error in the world of airgun tinkering!!! Last week I put a spring guide and top hat in my .22 TX 200. Having reassembled and fired a few shots, discovered it was shooting sweet but seemed rather hot!!! Upon chronographing the beast discovered it was more than a little hot to say the least. So.….I sat down tonight and open it back up to discover that I hadn't removed the original steel top hat from the piston but had inserted my new one behind it creating around an extra 15mm preload!!!!! Now sorted. What a muppet!!!!!

image.jpeg

What sort of power is it making now, Mike, and with which pellets?

Were the guide and top hat a nice, snug fit?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hey Pauly,

Are you likely to be about later next week or sometime the following week?

I've booked a little time off at the start and finish of the school Summer holidays. The wife mentioned about visiting Kew Gardens again. We'd be bringing Frankie, Monza and Frankie's tutor as they want to do lots of photography / arty things at Kew. So I asked her if she'd be okay with me disappearing off with Little Pauly whilst they were doing their bestest David Bellamy impressions and she said "Yep, that's fine".

So, if you're up for it and you're about....
    I should be about Tone, I certainly won’t be at work. I am planning a good few days break in the Forest of Dean some time soon but nothing in the diary yet so...... a meet up should be pretty easy. Kew is a bit of an arse to get to but doable. Let me know neare he time matey and see if we can make it happen
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hee hee hee!

So funny and not a word spoken!

How are you feeling now, Mick?........Please, please say (without fibbing) that you're feeling better.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

You can always rely on Mick for a bit off encouragement and support
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I should be about Tone, I certainly won’t be at work. I am planning a good few days break in the Forest of Dean some time soon but nothing in the diary yet so...... a meet up should be pretty easy. Kew is a bit of an arse to get to but doable. Let me know neare he time matey and see if we can make it happen
    Excellente my friend.

We've been a couple of times previously. We'll be driving there but I guess you'd be using the tube as I seem to remember that there's a station fairly close by?

If you can make it, it'd be great to see you. We can either just chill, chat, drink and smoke tabs there or bugger off for a little wander if you can think of anywhere.

It would be either at the end of next week or sometime the following week as I'm off from next Thursday for a week and a bit. As soon as I have the likely dates I'll shout up matey.

I think he copied that image from page 177 of the Expert Boinger Fettling and Best Practices Manual, Pauly!

How are you feeling now, Mick?........Please, please say (without fibbing) that you're feeling better.
    Hard to say, Tone, I'm snorting steroids at the moment to try to sort out the after effects of my plane ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Cheers mate

My tips are:

Concentrate on the sight picture

Practice trigger release

Focus on each individual shot, rather than the score

Don't think about MILF and GILF conversations and pictures on the Airgun BBS when aiming

Other than that, get plenty of practice in and have the occasional Boing with a nice Weihrauch springer

BOING
    I think I pretty much have a decent-ish grasp of most of that, Paul.

Might be struggling with tip #4, though!

image.jpeg

Hard to say, Tone, I'm snorting steroids at the moment to try to sort out the after effects of my plane ride.
    "After effects?"

The "hard to say" bit might just hold a tiny hint of optimism though, Mick?

I had to think for just a little bit on that one!

I’ll forgive you and blame the steroids

I’ll forgive you and blame the steroids
    It could have been worse, Paul :-

image.jpeg

Uncanny resemblance, or what ?

image.jpeg