Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Tony, I found a SH Feinwerbau 300S, quite a nice one I think.
    Are they easy to cock?
    full power??

I've found a brand new TX200 in a shop with a fantastic beach stock. Mine is perfectly nice, but the one I've seen is VERY nice for beach in my eyes!

If I bought it just for the stock, swapped the stock for my 2 month old stock in totally 100% unmarked as new condition, do you think I could sell the new TX straight out at a discount as new?

The action would be unshot, with all boxing and wrapping.

What sort of discount would I expect to have to put on it?

Thanks,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Tony, I found a SH Feinwerbau 300S, quite a nice one I think.
    Are they easy to cock?
    full power??
    If it's a nice one and the right sort of money......buy it.

Beautiful, beautiful and superbly engineered rifles. All time classic.

Easy to cock.......yes.

Full power........no. They're a 6ft.lbs target rifle designed for target shooting at 6 yards / 10 metres. Although they are EXTREMELY accurate at longer ranges, too. Some may have violated them to get more power. Personally I think this is sacrilegious and these classic rifles should be left standard. There were stories years ago of hunting rabbits at ranges of up to 30 yards (I seem to remember).

Lots of info on the 'net if you have a scout around.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've found a brand new TX200 in a shop with a fantastic beach stock. Mine is perfectly nice, but the one I've seen is VERY nice for beach in my eyes!

If I bought it just for the stock, swapped the stock for my 2 month old stock in totally 100% unmarked as new condition, do you think I could sell the new TX straight out at a discount as new?

The action would be unshot, with all boxing and wrapping.

What sort of discount would I expect to have to put on it?

Thanks,
    Rob.
    I'd have thought about £75 less than the new price?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I'll go to the shop tomorrow first thing with my TX and have a close compare.
    See how it goes
    There maybe a new TX up for grabs at well under RRP

Cool Rabbit!

Yep, not "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits"; it's not the first of the month.

But "rabbit", a single, solitary little bunny that provided a lovely start to the day this morning.

We live on a nice cul-de-sac. One of my work mates says by the way......"Posh people say they live on a cul-de-sac. I live on a 'dead-end road!'". Anyway, we have two big lawned areas with trees on our road. Back in 2004 I once saw a bunny on the "East Lawn". About 70 yards from our front door there used to be access to open fields. Access was closed off in '09 as they had gained planning permission. But on this day in '04 (very shortened version of events), bunny bolted towards the field. Bremby Bo was released. Bunny went under the gate into the field. Bremby went over it and by the time I arrived in the field she had caught bugs.

Anyway, this morning........I'd nodded off on the sofa last night. Woke up at 4.00. Crept past the dog so as not to wake her up and try and have an hour in bed......No chance.......woof, woof, woof........better take her out. Just over the last week or so she's moving much easier and we're often walking up to the top of the street, which she hadn't been doing for the best part of two years. So we walked up to the "West Lawn". After a couple of minutes up there I noticed a sharp, fleeting movement. Couldn't quite believe it, really, as it's more built up there and leads onto much more heavily built territory. T'was a bunny, about two thirds grown, getting a right old shift on in silence and looking most graceful.

Now, I've seen gazillions of rabbits in my time, but this was an unexpected "bonus" sighting and provided a lovely start to the day.

Cool Seven weeks to Boing-Off!

Yep, 49 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Brings back memories

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, not "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits"; it's not the first of the month.

But "rabbit", a single, solitary little bunny that provided a lovely start to the day this morning.

We live on a nice cul-de-sac. One of my work mates says by the way......"Posh people say they live on a cul-de-sac. I live on a 'dead-end road!'". Anyway, we have two big lawned areas with trees on our road. Back in 2004 I once saw a bunny on the "East Lawn". About 70 yards from our front door there used to be access to open fields. Access was closed off in '09 as they had gained planning permission. But on this day in '04 (very shortened version of events), bunny bolted towards the field. Bremby Bo was released. Bunny went under the gate into the field. Bremby went over it and by the time I arrived in the field she had caught bugs.

Anyway, this morning........I'd nodded off on the sofa last night. Woke up at 4.00. Crept past the dog so as not to wake her up and try and have an hour in bed......No chance.......woof, woof, woof........better take her out. Just over the last week or so she's moving much easier and we're often walking up to the top of the street, which she hadn't been doing for the best part of two years. So we walked up to the "West Lawn". After a couple of minutes up there I noticed a sharp, fleeting movement. Couldn't quite believe it, really, as it's more built up there and leads onto much more heavily built territory. T'was a bunny, about two thirds grown, getting a right old shift on in silence and looking most graceful.

Now, I've seen gazillions of rabbits in my time, but this was an unexpected "bonus" sighting and provided a lovely start to the day.

This brings back memories I remember one summers evening watching a couple of rabbits chasing each other around and that classic ousteched image just like Eley used to have on their HV ammo boxes:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Up we go folks with a Saturday morning Boing

Terrible news here ..... I’ve got to spend the afternoon at the club Boinging with some of the chaps

It’s definitely going to be Weihrauchs on the range, with plenty of Superdomes

BOING
    Last edited by Paul SE; 21-07-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

I understand the farm the Boing shoots on belongs to T20, and there is a club there.
    I was told that the club is the Boing Bash and it has a proper name, but what does it take to join that club?

I'd like to join as a full member rather than just go to each Boing as a nobody

I understand the farm the Boing shoots on belongs to T20, and there is a club there.
    I was told that the club is the Boing Bash and it has a proper name, but what does it take to join that club?

I'd like to join as a full member rather than just go to each Boing as a nobody

When I have your full name you automatically become a member of Quigley Hollow Airgun Club the following year which is registered, insured and affiliated to the NSRA.

Quigley Hollow is only open for Boinger Bashes and other Forum's meetings though, which is normally four to six weekends per year.

BTW if you're off to a gunshop today, have a look for an old Webley Tracker for your daughter, she may be able to cock one of those.

Thank you T 20,

So next year Alisha and I will automatically be members

Awesome.

Webley Tracker, that sounds like a plan, my be there will be one at the Sep Bash ??

FINALLY.... I will get to the farm tomorrow, it's beens aaaaaaggggges, can't wait
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Had a lovely afternoon on the range today

It was rather sunny and bright, and we had the spinning targets out with a bell target in the sand trap at 50M https://i.imgur.com/4oe7F5O.jpg?2

The little HW30S came out for a Boing https://i.imgur.com/F3Fn91S.jpg while the longer range targets took hits from my .177 HW99

All in all, a very pleasant few hours spent lobbing a couple of hundred pellets down range, with plenty of Boinging and plinking going on

The other two lads used PCP's, and both agreed that they really ought to buy themselves a decent Boinger or two, and save a bit of energy and faff with all that lugging air bottles about malarkey

BOING and up we go folks
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    This brings back memories I remember one summers evening watching a couple of rabbits chasing each other around and that classic ousteched image just like Eley used to have on their HV ammo boxes:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8
    Cheers matey.

Hope you're keeping well.

It was just a nice, special moment. Out of context, really, and totally unexpected. And I love that special "me and my doggy" time in the early mornings when it's so quiet and peaceful. Quality.