Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Grinder?

What's that then, Mike?

I DO like bench grinders, angle grinders and coffee bean ones are awesome, too!
    Apparently its a dating site for chaps that swing the other way (hope i'm politically correct in saying that). Not that I've ever been on it as its not really my thing

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Apparently its a dating site for chaps that swing the other way (hope i'm politically correct in saying that). Not that I've ever been on it as its not really my thing
    Mmmm.....I see.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Is Karen back?

You haven't told her what you very nearly managed to do the other week, have you?
    Yes mate i.e she is back. Had to pick them up at Gatwick Airport at 03:00 yesterday and.... no matey, I haven’t mentioned ‘the other thing’ yet. I may do if it’s opportune or, I’m thinking maybe not as I could continue to travel here and there ‘visiting friends’ as I do and do some more searching without being ‘influenced’ as I know I can be a bit of a soft touch at times
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Could be the spring in the underlever release button Gary. That may sound unlikely and maybe it isn’t that but I get it on my HW77k. I think it can be easily packed with grease and seem to remember Rhys(lightning) mentioning it on here a little while back.
    Thanks Paul,
    I didn't think of that, I'll try it when I get home from work tonight.

Yes mate i.e she is back. Had to pick them up at Gatwick Airport at 03:00 yesterday and.... no matey, I haven’t mentioned ‘the other thing’ yet. I may do if it’s opportune or, I’m thinking maybe not as I could continue to travel here and there ‘visiting friends’ as I do and do some more searching without being ‘influenced’ as I know I can be a bit of a soft touch at times
    I hope all goes as well as it possibly can for you, matey, and you find your perfect place.

Are you hoping to give your attentions to the lady bushes this week?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

68 sleeps to go, peeps.

And 69 until the Sunday, Pauly.

A little evening BOING and up we go.

68 sleeps to go, peeps.

And 69 until the Sunday, Pauly.
    Anuvver 69
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Anuvver 69
    Sounds good to me

Paul......You're a Field target trophy man. Have you found them to be to tight in any of your barrels? I've spent a bit of time over the weekend testing pellets in each rifle properly and the underlevers like AA Diablo fields and the Break barrels most definitely prefer FTT's. Is this something you've found too? Interestingly in the TX200 .22 the difference between FTT's and AA's was over 2ft lb on the chrono.

Anuvver 69
    Hope your not too tired and your neck too stiff, Pauly!

I hope all goes as well as it possibly can for you, matey, and you find your perfect place.

Are you hoping to give your attentions to the lady bushes this week?
    I have time when it comes to relocating matey, stealthily does it

Today was a milestone for me. I have officially received my Formal Notice of Redundancy. I’ve declared my request for Voluntary Severance and they have now started the ball rolling for my paid departure.

I’ve volunteered to carry out a couple of Appeals from people who have unfortunately found themselves without a job which will give me a few days work but other than that.... I’m on ‘gardening leave’ and work free.

So....... I will be a ‘pensioner’ at The Bash...... go easy on me eh ?

I have time when it comes to relocating matey, stealthily does it

Today was a milestone for me. I have officially received my Formal Notice of Redundancy. I’ve declared my request for Voluntary Severance and they have now started the ball rolling for my paid departure.
    Nice one mate. Sounds like its all happening

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Paul......You're a Field target trophy man. Have you found them to be to tight in any of your barrels? I've spent a bit of time over the weekend testing pellets in each rifle properly and the underlevers like AA Diablo fields and the Break barrels most definitely prefer FTT's. Is this something you've found too? Interestingly in the TX200 .22 the difference between FTT's and AA's was over 2ft lb on the chrono.
    When you say testing were you referring mainly to the accuracy or power outputs (or both), Mike?

From my limited amount of comparison testing at the indoor range for accuracy, most of the JSB derived pellets seemed to display no advantage over FTTs and 'Domes. Maybe this will change at longer range. You sorta keep saying to yourself that the JSB derived stuff ought to be better than most others, as they're the most popular pellets in the outdoor target disciplines. But the widely varying accuracy performance between different batches can sometimes do your head in.

In my .177 TX HC, the AAFs definitely feed into the breech nicer and give more power.

I also think maybe that the easier loading with break barrels somewhat disguise some of the "tight fit" issues sometimes, especially if using a large scope with a sliding breech gun, and even more so in .177. I've not used my TX for a while. But at the last Bash a .177 TX that I tried was a proper bas---d to load. Properly doing my head in, it was.

When you say testing were you referring mainly to the accuracy or power outputs (or both), Mike?

From my limited amount of comparison testing at the indoor range for accuracy, most of the JSB derived pellets seemed to display no advantage over FTTs and 'Domes. Maybe this will change at longer range. You sorta keep saying to yourself that the JSB derived stuff ought to be better than most others, as they're the most popular pellets in the outdoor target disciplines. But the widely varying accuracy performance between different batches can sometimes do your head in.

In my .177 TX HC, the AAFs definitely feed into the breech nicer and give more power.

I also think maybe that the easier loading with break barrels somewhat disguise some of the "tight fit" issues sometimes, especially if using a large scope with a sliding breech gun, and even more so in .177. I've not used my TX for a while. But at the last Bash a .177 TX that I tried was a proper bas---d to load. Properly doing my head in, it was.
    I found the accuracy to be good with both but on the underlevers mainly the power was well down on the FTT's