Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I have time when it comes to relocating matey, stealthily does it

Today was a milestone for me. I have officially received my Formal Notice of Redundancy. I’ve declared my request for Voluntary Severance and they have now started the ball rolling for my paid departure.

I’ve volunteered to carry out a couple of Appeals from people who have unfortunately found themselves without a job which will give me a few days work but other than that.... I’m on ‘gardening leave’ and work free.

So....... I will be a ‘pensioner’ at The Bash...... go easy on me eh ?
    WAHAY!

You lucky, lucky man. And deservedly so, Pauly.

May you enjoy many healthy and very happy years boingering, meeting Boingerpeeps and drinkies.

Hey......you ever considered The Peak District? Very picturesque it is. And friendly folk up this way. Plus it wouldn't be too bad for travelling for your new lodger for his work!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I found the accuracy to be good with both but on the underlevers mainly the power was well down on the FTT's
    The JSB stuff does seem to give more energy in most springers, Mike. Obviously, much will be to do with internal set-up etc.

I don't think I've ever done any energy testing with FTTs vs JSB in my 77s and 97s......must give it a go.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Paul......You're a Field target trophy man. Have you found them to be to tight in any of your barrels? I've spent a bit of time over the weekend testing pellets in each rifle properly and the underlevers like AA Diablo fields and the Break barrels most definitely prefer FTT's. Is this something you've found too? Interestingly in the TX200 .22 the difference between FTT's and AA's was over 2ft lb on the chrono.
    Not the FTT’s Mike, my rifles that like them fit well. My HW95 that likes AA DF’s are actually quite loose, which always kind of concerns me but.... they are so bloomin’ accurate. I sometimes think a bit of ‘slack’ is a good thing as I assume the skirt must expand and fit the barrel perfectly ??

Now, I don’t want to get into the technicalities of the coefficients and sciences of ballistic qualities of pellet designs cos I’m in danger of getting just sooo deep that it may blow peoples minds

I’m thinking of starting up my Worldwide Airgun New Knowledge Enticing Review website
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The JSB stuff does seem to give more energy in most springers, Mike. Obviously, much will be to do with internal set-up etc.

I don't think I've ever done any energy testing with FTTs vs JSB in my 77s and 97s......must give it a go.
    Definitely worth a testing session in those two rifles. Are they .177 or .22? If its anything like the TX you wont believe the power difference between the two pellets. At the weekend if I get chance i'll do a few tests again, take the readings down and post the results on here.

Not the FTT’s Mike, my rifles that like them fit well. My HW95 that likes AA DF’s are actually quite loose, which always kind of concerns me but.... they are so bloomin’ accurate. I sometimes think a bit of ‘slack’ is a good thing as I assume the skirt must expand and fit the barrel perfectly ??

Now, I don’t want to get into the technicalities of the coefficients and sciences of ballistic qualities of pellet designs cos I’m in danger of getting just sooo deep that it may blow peoples minds

I’m thinking of starting up my Worldwide Airgun New Knowledge Enticing Review website
    Now that's a website I would definitely visit !!!

I'd definitely be subscribing to a Pauly The Guru Airgun Site.

Definitely worth a testing session in those two rifles. Are they .177 or .22? If its anything like the TX you wont believe the power difference between the two pellets. At the weekend if I get chance i'll do a few tests again, take the readings down and post the results on here.
    As you would probably most likely guess, Mike, I have them in both of the more popular calibres.

And, yes, me reckons some testing would be quite eye-opening. Having said that, never, ever forget that accuracy has to be the most important factor.

And I'm itching to get my digits on the H&N Barracuda FTs once they finally become available.

And the (10.5 grain-ish?) .177 Exact Heavies that Phil, The Rickenbacker, let me try a couple of weeks ago were simply stunning in the windy conditions.

As you would probably most likely guess, Mike, I have them in both of the more popular calibres.

And, yes, me reckons some testing would be quite eye-opening. Having said that, never, ever forget that accuracy has to be the most important factor.

And I'm itching to get my digits on the H&N Barracuda FTs once they finally become available.

And the (10.5 grain-ish?) .177 Exact Heavies that Phil, The Rickenbacker, let me try a couple of weeks ago were simply stunning in the windy conditions.
    They sound good Tone. I was looking at those on Egay the other day wondering if they are worth a try. I use 10grain + bisley magnums in my (whispers) PCP S510 when I take it to Iden Ferns HFT although its Rachel that uses it more than I do. The heavier .177 work a treat in that one

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    They sound good Tone. I was looking at those on Egay the other day wondering if they are worth a try. I use 10grain + bisley magnums in my (whispers) PCP S510 when I take it to Iden Ferns HFT although its Rachel that uses it more than I do. The heavier .177 work a treat in that one
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... just admit your a pcp lover right now Mike. I held out from coming out of the closet for years due to Our Tone disapproving but ......
    once you do.... you’ll feel relieved and actually... Tone don’t mind whichever way we swing if he’s honest
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well, the general-ish rule of thumb would usually point to lighter pellets being more efficient in a springer and heavier ones in a PCP. But there will always be exceptions. And I used to use the 9.3 grain Silhouettes in my springers years ago. Really good. And excellent in the wind, too.

A good testing session with those Heavies will be most enlightening, methinks, and they really were very special in terms of beating the Hollow Hoolies.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... just admit your a pcp lover right now Mike. I held out from coming out of the closet for years due to Our Tone disapproving but ......
    once you do.... you’ll feel relieved and actually... Tone don’t mind whichever way we swing if he’s honest
    Of course I don't mind, Pauly. They're all airguns after all, in'it?

I sometimes dread the day if things got that bad with my neck, arms and back that I couldn't use a proper air rifle.

I have had the odd go with the odd PCP. Some didn't impress at all.......GC2, Huntsman and Shamal years ago. But some that I have tried at The Bash have been very impressive. Not least the HW110 that I tried at the last Bash. Looking in the pictures, I could never imagine fancying one. But it looked far, far better in the flesh and shot sublimely. And everything snickety-snicked beautifully as you'd expect from the mighty HW. Others that I've tried and liked were a FTP900 and BSA R10 & Scorpion. And I love the stock on that new Brocock Bantam Sniper thingy.

If the day ever came, though, with my HW loyalties, it'd have to be a 100 if I could afford it.

There, I've said it and I really hope the day never comes when I have to admit defeat. Now, no more talk of these namby pamby pfffttttt guns! Oh, and another thing.....if my arms and things were that bad, dunno how I'd manage to pump one of the damned things up or cart about a dodgy, heavy bottle!

Smile 67 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Mid-day mini Boingette!

BOING!

Of course I don't mind, Pauly. They're all airguns after all, in'it?

I sometimes dread the day if things got that bad with my neck, arms and back that I couldn't use a proper air rifle.

I have had the odd go with the odd PCP. Some didn't impress at all.......GC2, Huntsman and Shamal years ago. But some that I have tried at The Bash have been very impressive. Not least the HW110 that I tried at the last Bash. Looking in the pictures, I could never imagine fancying one. But it looked far, far better in the flesh and shot sublimely. And everything snickety-snicked beautifully as you'd expect from the mighty HW. Others that I've tried and liked were a FTP900 and BSA R10 & Scorpion. And I love the stock on that new Brocock Bantam Sniper thingy.

If the day ever came, though, with my HW loyalties, it'd have to be a 100 if I could afford it.

There, I've said it and I really hope the day never comes when I have to admit defeat. Now, no more talk of these namby pamby pfffttttt guns! Oh, and another thing.....if my arms and things were that bad, dunno how I'd manage to pump one of the damned things up or cart about a dodgy, heavy bottle!
    Lol....the funny thing is with the S510 is that I really wanted one and couldn't wait to pick it up. However, having been to Iden Ferns 3 times and used my springers instead I can honestly say if Rachel didn't want to use it I would sell it on and do without. I had a few shots at the last bash with it and although it shoots beautifully, its accuracy is second to none and basically it does what it says on the tin, its not an exciting rifle to use. I think to sum it up its almost too good to be enjoyable if that makes sense!!!!

How's the improved rocket system coming along Mike? Perhaps instead of trying to fit a parachute you could fit an led light and retrieve it at night if you can't find it if it goes out of sight again.